R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Novak Electric 1/8th Scale Buggy??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/177756-novak-electric-1-8th-scale-buggy.html)

Craps 08-19-2007 01:10 PM

Novak Electric 1/8th Scale Buggy???

OK! What's the scoop?

Anybody heard anymore from Novak about the new Electric 1/8th scale buggy coming out?

Heard a hint about it at the ROAR Electric off-road Nats.

annie_himself 08-19-2007 01:12 PM

Wowee!

Stealth_RT 08-19-2007 02:00 PM

First Novak has to come out with a speedo and BL motor worth using in an elec. 1/8th :) They are way behind the curve compared to Castle, MGM, Quark for speedos, and behind Neu for motors. But, I figured it wouldn't take long for someone to come out with a designed from the ground up 1/8th scale offroad buggy.

Jan Larsen 08-19-2007 02:43 PM

Oi! First one to scoop pics will be crowned president!

happywing 08-19-2007 03:00 PM

I really doubt it. Like Stealth_RT said, they are way behind. I just received an e-mail from Charlie at Novak on the subject. He said, "Eventually we will in fact have a 5mm shafted motor, but it's going to be a while yet. Sorry."
If Novak were to bring out a buggy, it would have the HVMaxx with 1/8" shaft. I wouldn't want it.

Stealth_RT 08-19-2007 05:41 PM

I wonder who Novak would be working with/through to bring out a car anyway. They don't really have the people to develope a chassis, do they? I could see someone like HotBodies coming out with a chassis. If I had the time and money, I'd be re-building my 8 with a thick graphite main chassis, and maybe and upper deck? Wonder if a center diff is REALLY needed for an elec. car? One way front end? How to make big ball diffs for F/R diffs? Keep shaft drive, or twin heavy duty belt drive? So many things that could be tried.

rc10guy 08-19-2007 05:44 PM

well ive seen hyper 7's become electric and work perfectly. with the right gear ratio, motor esc set up. the chassis should be cake to create.

Craps 08-19-2007 11:59 PM

Can't wait to get one! I hope it will be more of race ready than one for bashing around, but the basher market is alot bigger.

Turbo Joe 08-20-2007 09:23 AM

They're not making a buggy. They are working on something really cool that I am going to buy, but it's not a buggy.
:cool::tire::cool::tire::cool::tire:

wd40prerunner 09-01-2007 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe (Post 3597745)
They're not making a buggy. They are working on something really cool that I am going to buy, but it's not a buggy.

what are they working on.......

NovakTwo 09-01-2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe (Post 3597745)

TJ gets the prize----don't know where thr buggy talk originated.

chris c 09-01-2007 02:28 PM

What ever NOVAK comes out with it will be top notch!

Their products are #1 in my book and the customer service is the best i have ever seen(in any indus.)

ORANGE POWER is where its at!!!:D

DJ1978 09-01-2007 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by rc10guy (Post 3595669)
well ive seen hyper 7's become electric and work perfectly. with the right gear ratio, motor esc set up. the chassis should be cake to create.

Check out www.rcproductdesigns.com for several 1/8th scale electric conversion kits available.
For the Hyper 7 (EH7)
Losi 8ight (EL8)
Kyosho 777 and STR (E777)
Mugen MBX4, 5 and 5R (EMBX)
Working on a Jammin and Schumacher kits.
Dan

Kings Kid 09-01-2007 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by rc10guy (Post 3595669)

I'm running an HV 6.5 in a hyper-7. The setup is under gunned for the buggie. I'll be upgrading the motor and esc shortly.
My last conversation with Charlie at novak about a 5mm rotor shaft led me to believe its gonna be a while.

ta_man 09-02-2007 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kings Kid (Post 3634629)
I'm running an HV 6.5 in a hyper-7. The setup is under gunned for the buggie. I'll be upgrading the motor and esc shortly.
My last conversation with Charlie at novak about a 5mm rotor shaft led me to believe its gonna be a while.

I talked to Charlie about that recently too and got the same impression. I might have a solution for the Novak motors in less than "a while" but I'm not going to say much about it until I know it works (or it doesn't).

How "undergunned" are you, and what gearing are you running?