Wiki Posts
Search

Have an old kyosho optima mid? Look here ->

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavy
Racing them also poses the problem of parts replacement when something gets broken.
Helps to have access to a CNC machine

I'm eventually going to run most of the buggy in cnc'd aluminum and start anodizing it. Got a sick lookin MID in mind.

Anyone interested in some new hop ups?

- Matt
Old 08-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TechWun
Helps to have access to a CNC machine

Anyone interested in some new hop ups?

- Matt
Can you cut carbon on that thing?
You can geta lot of reproduction bodies from Kamtec in the U.K. and some reproduction decals and bodies From Kuwait
Old 07-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Can you cut carbon on that thing?
You can geta lot of reproduction bodies from Kamtec in the U.K. and some reproduction decals and bodies From Kuwait
Ancient post- 2 friends and myself each had Optima Mid SE's which we raced at Knox Offroad RC track here in Melbourne Australia. We won and placed in novice and stock every meeting. We were only 14 so didn't have enough money to race in Mod class. That was in 1990-1991. Great cars, we only ever broke anything when we'd do silly stuff at home. Strong cars but the Yokomo YZ10 / super dog fighter was far superior. Some low life stole mine and I bought my friends mid when we were older. I then bought a mid custom (long wheel base) which I sold about 3 years ago. Today I found one a arm and two alloy hub hexes and maybe a radio switch bracket. Free to good home.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mfishel
Unfortunately in racing it's all about the latest stuff. I never had one of those, but thanks for the description. It sounds like they were ahead of their time.
u are half right. im running a 22 yr old custom works intimidator direct drive, and out running the new models. the electronics are what matters any more. I also set up a gold pan rc10 for dirt oval, its just as fast as the new stuff also. this brushless stuff and lipos are awesome