R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-06-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Electronics Nightmare... Servo issue, BEC, everything.

I bought a T3 the other day, all graphite for 100 bucks. Came with a servo, not sure what model. Anyways, I traded my friend one of my other junky cars for an LRP Bullet A.I. and JR 125 RX w/ Airtronics AE TX. Motor that i'm running is the Monster 27t. Now for my first problem.

I get about 75 feet of range with a fully erected antenna on both the RX and TX with fresh batteries in both. As the batteries wear down in the T3, the range gets worse. By the end of the pack, the 2 antennas have to be touching for it to move.

Now another issue, I have no reverse!!! I thought this was a reversing ESC? I've tried 3 different TX's, and 2 different RX's and i still don't have reverse. I've tried all the reversing buttons on the TX's and the trim dials.

And for my last issue, my servo just stopped working this morning, Will not move at all. Its plugged in, has power, tried both RX's, both TX's, still nothing, tried the throttle spot and the steer spot on my RX's, nothing.

Can anyone help me at all? I'm at a loss!!
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

The previous owner of the LRP might have disabled the reverse function on it. Try to get the instruction manuals for that (or you can't find one, try to get instruction manuals for any of the other reversing LRP ESCs and hopefully the instructions to enable reverse is the same).

As for the bad range, it's either because the TX/RX/crystals aren't perfectly compatible OR the one of them is faulty. Sorry, I know that doesn't really narrow it down any.
sim600 is offline   Reply With Quote