the mamba max unit is very good, but has these limitations that depending on how big you are into racing you should think about:
1. The dataport is on the side of the ESC. so when mounting the ESC, you have to keep aware of where it is as some mounting locations don't work quite well to still be able to access it. I wish they would have made it a top down port.
2. Its heavy.
3. 5V BEC
4. MM Motors are not legal for ROAR Events
5. Soldering the capacitor board voids the warranty
1. Doesn't need a dongled capacitor or a fan which is nice.
2. Pretty easy to configure with or without software
3. Can be used in a variety of vehicle types and various power requirements
4. Very cheap to own, $175ish shipped from Bishop Power Products compared to the $250 units for the other companies.
Ultimately, weight how important those pros and cons are and decide.
< Durango DEX8, DESC410V2, DEX410V5>
< Team Associated RC10B6D>