Originally Posted by Motoxpro
I have a couple of questions on how i should take care of my batteries.
1. Should I discharge after every run(before I recharge) or just when i am done for the day?
2. How many times is it ok to charge one pack in a day?
3. Is it ok to charge my packs beore i go to the track or should i just charge them while im there?
4. How much faster will my batteries go bad if i direct solder?
Any help is much appreciated
1. It depends...it will probably be better on the packs to discharge and equalize after each run, but just a recharge wont do too much damage.
2. This depends on the the type of battery, EP's will do great with multiple charges, IB's wont do so well, this asuming you're running 4200s.
3. Ya, it's fine to charge before so you can get on the track right away, just try to do it the morning before or late the night before, then just repeak and go. I would only do this for practice runs though, try to charge your racepacks at the track.
4. Most everyone direct solders at the higher levels of competition. As long as you have a good iron, it shouldnt hurt them much at all, however if you have a crappy iron and it you hold it on there for 5-6 secs each time, that may do some damage.