Wiki Posts
Search

Evader ST problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Evader ST problem

I have an Evader ST running stock electronics, and an Epic 27 turn motor, I'll be running it, hit a bump and it just stops, I lightly kick the car and it starts running again. Also reverse doesn't seem to work always, you can hear the engine humm like it's trying to go but is jammed, again a kick usually gets it going. I've heard this could be symptoms of a hung brush, but I don't know anything about brushes, what do I have to do to fix that?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yep, sounds to me like a case of a stuck brush. If you haven't cleaned your motor lately i recommend you do so. To clean the brushes you just unlatch the spring and then unhook it from the post.. The brush should just slide out after the spring is out of the way. If your motor needs to be cleaned, it probably also needs to have the comm cut and the brushes cleaned up with a 'comm stick' or some other way of cleaning them off.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just took the motor apart and found a very small washer stuck to the magnet inside, I'm thinking that could be part of the problem. But how do you clean the brushes, and I don't have a comm stick, is there anything else I can use to clean it?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Back in the day, a friend of mine used one of those pink stick erasers. I hope you know what im talking about, cause I don't know a better way to describe it without a picture.

Edit - Found a picture