How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about an Associated RC10-T44?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

can't run over enough lane barrier pipes with a 2wd truck, huh?

I like the comment about it needing to be built like a tank, that pretty much sums up who would be buying them, bashers - not racers.

If you want an electric 4wd truck, why not just convert a 1/8 4wd truck and bash with the rest of them?
Old 07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

The electric HPI 4wd truck was a pure piece of junk and i don't care about IFMAR.

4wd and 2wd 1/10th scale buggies suck on the big 1/8th scale size tracks we have around here that we have a blast racing our 2wd 1/10th scale electric pro trucks for 20 minutes on. The trucks seem to handle the rough stuff alot better than the buggies and that is why I think 4wd trucks would be more appealling to the masses since it seems all tracks are going 1/8th scale now a days.

At the Farm yesterday the Electric 1/10th scale Pro Truck class was the 2nd biggest class to 1/8th scale with it growing bigger every week. Even out numbered the truggy class that has been the hottest thing since the Losi 8ight-T came out, but those guys are tired of the huge amount of maintence and the expense those things require and are coming to the long runtime low maintence li-po brushless trucks. We even the 3 lone gas trucks that showed race with us and we even made a pit stop to make them happy since it was a little club race for fun!!!

Hopefully the li-po brushless revolution has started and we have got to appeal to the masses and they want they're 4wd trucks!!!

I do!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

There is alot of electric classes and it does need to be simplified doing away with the so called motor classes in off road.

2wd buggy
4wd buggy
2wd truck
4wd truck

These are all that is needed with 20 minute mains to keep it simple in the future of electric RC racing with no mod and stock BS. If they want electric to come back it has got to move towards li-pos and brushless in longer races to appeal to the masses!!!!

At the club level a Novice or Sportsman class is needed bad for new people to start in a class and not feel intimadated by the pros.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Its kinda funny how we all know that the only cars that ever succed and be something is those that are raceable classes. Most of those cars such as the hpi had huge marketing strategy magazine tests but its not around today in any large quantity, where as the rc10 plateform is what around 20 years old. But its also funny how the manufacturers constantly tell us that racing is only 10% of the hobby all the time.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Its kinda funny how we all know that the only cars that ever succed and be something is those that are raceable classes.
Really?

Because I seem to remember that a few years ago, 1/8th off-road was buggies. Then people started bringing monster trucks (they also seemed to sell well), and they made a class for them...THEN...people started using old buggies and morphing them into half buggy/half monster truck things and running them in the monster truck class (cheatin' bastards...). Next thing you know, they're everywhere.

I seem to remember that monster trucks and truggies were around before there were classes and they sold quite well as I recall.

Count me in for a 4wd truck.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you were going to race on a track that was more nitro than electric i think a 4wd 1/10 truck would be sweet. throw a brushless and lipo in it and i think you could even run alot better on days that ran nitro as it would be far better on a blown out track than any other 10th scaler i know of

Last edited by mugenlife; 07-22-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Here in the Carolinas everything has almost gone 1/8th scale buggy and truggy with several of us hard core li-po brushless truck racers holding out. Now the numbers are growing in our class with ROAR adding it to the Nats as an exhibition class with alot of the top racers in the country racing in it!

The 4wd 1/10th scale truck class with driveshafts, quick change wheels, 8000 mah li-po and a brushless system with a 20 minute main would be a huge hit nationwide with alot of the gas guys coming back to electric that left electric because of run time, maintence issues and battery wars that is all ending with li-pos, brushless and 20 minute electric mains coming into electric racing!

I perfer racing on blown out big 1/8th scale tracks with huge air jumps as to smooth on-road tracks with little jumps!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Turbo Joe I think we are in agreement but you mis understanding me. Monster truck became and remain popular because of the class. I was saying that most R/C's come and go unless there is enough to race.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Turbo Joe I think we are in agreement but you mis understanding me. Monster truck became and remain popular because of the class. I was saying that most R/C's come and go unless there is enough to race.
I thought that you were saying that there needs to be a class for a given car to sell well....that's not the case with MTs and truggies.

People buy those to bash, and some people race them. How many MTs are raced nowadays? There are still plenty of them being sold...not many are raced from what I see...but they still sell like hotcakes. Lots of people I know have 1/8th cars and trucks of all types and hardly any of them race.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd like to race that class. Thats an idea.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
I'd like to race that class. Thats an idea.
Yep...sorta wishing I hadn't sold my MT.

I tried racing it way back at Titus, but I didn't know anything about tires or much about setup stuff and I could never get it to turn well.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The CRT .5 is an easy brushless lipo conversion but it could be a little bigger.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

I just can't see spending all that $$$ just to throw 2/3 of it out. I've sworn off RTR's.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Keep the post coming about racing a 4wd 1/10th truck! The more post the better because alot of the right people read the post on this forum and just maybe they will give us what is popular!!! Show them we want it and they will make it!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

The main problem with the electric 4wd stadium truck that HPI made was that it used exposed belts and when you ran that inner body everything heated up way too much.

Craps: I think you just need to do what you guys did with 2wd truck in your area. Get together and get something started with some platform that will work.

Right now as I can tell, the easiest one to convert would be an Academy SB V2 Pro to a 4wd stadium truck. The parts are pretty much off the shelf, and the Academy line is known for having very durable parts. The truck parts would be from the RT4GP and those are quite durable.

I think right now you just need someone to make the plunge and your area may be the best proving grounds.

The hard part probably in your area is that the classes will technically bump heads if you try to keep 1/10 scale trucks all together, you may have to run the 1/10 scale 4wd truck with the truggies. Once you show them guys up however with brushless and lipo, you will be in business.

Also another nice thing about using the SB V2 Platform is that :

1. They are releasing new heavy duty metal diffs
2. It can take a full sized lipo pack down the side as its not a saddle configuration
3. Very little parts needed for the conversion
4. its wheel hexes are similar to what traxxas uses on its stadium trucks. You can mount up RPM wheels or traxxas wheels very easily to it. The Academy truck wheels and there tires other than the foams are pretty good too.
5. If you want to do a truggy on the cheap, just buy some offset style rims and bolt them right up, no other changes needed.

Give DaveyG an email and see what he says, maybe he could work something out with you to help get a class off the ground.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.