How about a good team driver thread?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How about a good team driver thread?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default How about a good team driver thread?

There are two local team drivers in the Denver area that I would like to give props to. Matt Chambers for losi, and Kody Numedahl for associated.

Matt Chambers will give you his setups as quickly as you ask for them. He has helped me on numerous occasions. As for driving etiquette, well he is the best. I use to try to get out of his way on the track. He said to not worry about it, stay in your line and I’ll drive around you. Very positive for losi to have him as a driver.

Kody Numedahl as just a fun guy around the track, I don’t drive an associated so my opinions are from observation. He helps newbie’s with there setups. You can’t talk about Kody without bringing up his father, Larry. These are “good people”, great to have around the track.

Enough has been said about the bad team guys. How about giving props to the good guys.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

I gotta give Props to Jason Branham, he races 8th and truggy for Xray here in Houston. Really an awesome guy and a good driver.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Glen Bean from Kyosho, Brian Stanton from Corally, very helpful. You don't ever have to feel like your bugging them when you ask them 100 questions.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I like this thread.

I'd have to say Al Horne (team losi) is an awesome guy to race with. The first year I started racing he remembered my name and was always very nice to me and my buddies. He also is does alot for the racing in Michigan and always runs a good show.

Also young Dakotah Phend (team losi) is just a blast to watch race. You watch him run and just can't believe he's a little kid. His whole family is A+ to be around and will help out with parts, pitting, or even marshalling whenever volunteers are needed.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry23
I gotta give Props to Jason Branham, he races 8th and truggy for Xray here in Houston. Really an awesome guy and a good driver.
Agreed..Jason and Tommy Tang..Easy to talk to and great people to ask if you've got a question..Beside's Jason's dad got the best snack's..
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Pitted next to Jeremy Felles and Travis Amezcua at the nats in Albuquerque. Really top notch guys helped out alot of kids that kept coming up to them.

Also Smiley Henn in houston. Runs for Banzai always wins in electric. therefore i dont like him anymore HAHA.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And Billy Caldwell from EA Motorsports. Dude will bend over backwards to help you.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

As far as locals...

Casey Peck
Billy Fischer
Ryan Maifield
Trevor Clement
Todd/Luke Jonas
Ross Denny

Some of the best people/drivers/track owners I have ever come into contact with! AZ racing is amazing, due in a large part to these guys.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Really nice to see 3 of our team guys mentioned

here, B'ner, Smiley and Felles!

Believe me, sponsors like to hear these things!

Thanks for starting the thread!

Judi
Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I know someone, not sure if he still runs as its been a long time since I heard from him, but when he ran I believe he was running for X-Ray.

Name is Stan Kulas. I raced with him in Connecticut at the now Defunct Manchester Hobbies and he tried his hand at offroad a couple of times in CT with me at Wolcott Hobbies.

Great guy, always willing to help, and would give out his parts to help get a racer through the day. I always tried to model the way I helped other racers like how he did.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Dougg
There are two local team drivers in the Denver area that I would like to give props to. Matt Chambers for losi, and Kody Numedahl for associated.

Matt Chambers will give you his setups as quickly as you ask for them. He has helped me on numerous occasions. As for driving etiquette, well he is the best. I use to try to get out of his way on the track. He said to not worry about it, stay in your line and I’ll drive around you. Very positive for losi to have him as a driver.

Kody Numedahl as just a fun guy around the track, I don’t drive an associated so my opinions are from observation. He helps newbie’s with there setups. You can’t talk about Kody without bringing up his father, Larry. These are “good people”, great to have around the track.

Enough has been said about the bad team guys. How about giving props to the good guys.

I totally agree with you Doug! Matt and Kody are both really great guys. Kody has even taken time out to try and help me with problems I was having with my Losi XXX-CR when there wasn't a Losi guy around.

I would also have to make mention of Lars Johnson. He is just an awesome Losi guy. Lars has helped me many times. He will do everything he can to help a fellow driver.

All three of these guys are top notch!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

billy easton is my first pick , 2004 on road nats , portland , i took a bunch of rcing cub scouts , he spent a bunch of time with them , during the race day , matt francis and brian kinwald were pretty cool to , ray
Old 07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

locally we have a factory sponsered ae driver name scott brown , there is just nothing he wouldnt do for any rc person , he owns a indoor off road track , trcr , and it is the best , ray
Old 07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Got to say Gil Losi Jr. He has always given me help when I needed some Losi specific Items when the onsite shop hasn't had them in stock, and I run AE stuff! How much cooler can you get then that?
Old 07-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

MRC team driver Tim mertz at long island raceway is a super helpful guy and one of the better 4whl drivers at our track. I see him with new guys all the time giving them tips and setups. Very nice to talk to as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.