Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_King

Who knows maybe all those RTR sales will help fund the development of a new car.
That is probably the most important and true statement in this thread. The RTR market apparently eclipses the racing kit market. RTR's are obviously profitable but racers are on again, off again and sometimes a company has to make big changes. Associated got bought by TTR, Losi by Horizon. This was probably not done because they were raking in the dough participating only in the race markets . As for Horizon squeezing Losi for every dime, they are.They have to. If they don't the money counters at Horizon will make Team Losi dissapear. It's unfortunately a matter of fiscal responsibility.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If Horizon takes the Losi name mainstream, more power to them!
If it ends up at Target or Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us, that would be a great accomplishment!
A feat not easily accomplished.

It would make those of us who grew up with the Losi name as a Racing force kinda sad, but it will be for the better of the hobby.

If Losi makes an affordable car for those above stores, they instantly become a force to be reckoned against toy companies like Nikko.
Offering inexpensive hop-up options for those vehicles will also help distinguish itself from Nikko and give entry level kids a sense of excitement being able to modify their cars.
(Nothing big as far as hop-ups, more along the lines of bling like Wheels, Tires, Bodies etc..)

Pricing will be really key as I never see anything in the "Toy" Radio Control area be more than around $79.99. And those were the MOST expensive I saw.
(I frequent these stores often since I have a toddler)

If Horizon is smart, they will spend some good money to re-do the Losi Website.
Make it a portal for the entry level kids buying the Toy versions to see their big brother hobby versions.
Most toy websites (not RC but toys in general) are geared towards the parent, so this should be something Horizon should consider.

I'm for anything trying to make the hobby grow.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Umm a B3 is a different car just like a XX isnt a XXX. Im not sure why you compared them like that but it doesnt make sense. Dont team drivers run plastic? So you buy the FT car, then buy plastic parts. Thats not mix and matching?
No, thats not mixing and matching. Its from the same buggy, just a different material. I'm saying that you don't see B4 drivers using B3 arms, transmission, CVA's, rear hubs, and more to make their car handle better. Losi drivers are mixing and matching parts from a different car to make it handle better. I've even seen a driver flip the tranny in his BK2 to make it faster than his B4. I've a victim of hybrid Losi's but I don't like the fact that all of Losi's latest buggies parts are almost bolt on to older/newer buggies.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

[QUOTE=JamesnMeyer;3497746]I have to admit the quality is not what it used to be. I bought two MF2's amd both had fit issues that required me to us larger screws to make the fit tight. this was for both cars. In one of the kits I had XXX Nt stickers and the other had an NT manual We ran them once and sold them.QUOTE]

The quality is not gone down, the cars are still very durable,i have owned a mf2 and the only reason why the screws did'nt tighten up,is because i stripped it out, you can't blame losi if you strip a hole out.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Holes were stripped prior to me placing screws in it. It didnt strip from me over tightening it.

The quality is not gone down, the cars are still very durable,i have owned a mf2 and the only reason why the screws did'nt tighten up,is because i stripped it out, you can't blame losi if you strip a hole out.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

you guys need to look at the big picture....where is the worlds?
just so happens to be at a track that yok, hb's, and other japanies companys are at EVERY day, kinda hard to beat them on a track that they have setups for every condition..

kinda like the reedy race....tamiya always wins

10k is a little low too....gotta remember how much stuff is there, 50usd for lunch is the norm, and everything else is just as much..they do have a racing budget, wouldnt you like to see a pro come out to your local race and show support? LOCAL wins with a car will sell more that a big race imo...

Old 07-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
just so happens to be at a track that yok, hb's, and other japanies companys are at EVERY day, kinda hard to beat them on a track that they have setups for every condition..

10k is a little low too....gotta remember how much stuff is there, 50usd for lunch is the norm, and everything else is just as much..they do have a racing budget, wouldnt you like to see a pro come out to your local race and show support? LOCAL wins with a car will sell more that a big race imo...
That is a big call saying that a US driver will not win...look at the warm up Billy Easton won easily.. and he is not even in the top 10 any more
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by annie_himself
No, thats not mixing and matching. Its from the same buggy, just a different material. I'm saying that you don't see B4 drivers using B3 arms, transmission, CVA's, rear hubs, and more to make their car handle better. Losi drivers are mixing and matching parts from a different car to make it handle better. I've even seen a driver flip the tranny in his BK2 to make it faster than his B4. I've a victim of hybrid Losi's but I don't like the fact that all of Losi's latest buggies parts are almost bolt on to older/newer buggies.
Ok like? A XXX BK2 is still part of the XXX platform. Ive never used a XX arm on my car, or a tower.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett

HAHAHAHA now thats some damn funny reading.... Flameout... can i ask how long you have been involved?? to make such a statement

All i say is rewind to the 90's when masami almost won a world champs each time ( 2wd or 4wd )... the one he DIDN'T win and both 2wd and 4wd were taken out by USA.... 1995 Yatabe Arena in Japan.... basically a Yomoko/Masami test track! Matt Francis 2wd RC10B2 and Mark Pavidis Yokomo YZ10 worlds edition.... Both hailing from the good ole usa

Good Uneducated opinion...

I don't know why Losi aren't sending a team... but it is a shame that they are focusing their money away from 1/10thep offroad...
Old 07-19-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

well if you wanna know my honest opinion i would have to go with electric is dying, how do i know you ask? well i work at a motor company and have seen ep going down the last year or so, i talk with alot of companys and am not really in the dark about anything....nitro and offroad are just the thing thats hot right now

and im not saying that we wont win....just saying that our odds are a little lower, billy is a fast guy and can win and has won..he also goes to japan A lot! plus MF is just a stud and a wheel

sponsorship has changed in the past few years, i have rarely seen any dramatic bumps in sales when we win a national title, a worlds might be different, i was supposed to go to worlds but its 2 weeks, alot of money and a chance at winning..
Old 07-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Ok...

Still doesn't really justify your first post... but meh...

I think motor companies are noticing ep slowing is cos EP TC the largest market of the past 5 years or more is dying off... thats why your all noticing it now... If anything offroad is marginally healthier than it has been in the past few years... Wake up and watch a trend... EP TC is slowing up world wide... hence why ur not selling motors... simple... TC eats motors...

I don't think the US guys chances are any lower than they have been at any previous OS worlds... I'd think the 2 Ryan's, Masami, Neil Cragg etc will all be in the mix... as well as heaps of others...

I am sure Gil jnr will be around the place somewhere... even if its JUST r'n'd work... more than the once great team losi are doing...
Old 07-19-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would imagine motor sales would slow down because brushless motors are becoming more popular and they don't need to be replaced as often. That would not be a perspective I would use to determine if a particular class is less popular.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Horizion is in to RTR and bought the name for reconition. Now that Jr. is gone the team will wither on the vine till there is no more.Sad but true...........
Old 07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Ok like? A XXX BK2 is still part of the XXX platform. Ive never used a XX arm on my car, or a tower.
I did not say XX, and I never said you did use any other part on your car. The fact that you can is what I don't like. What don't you get?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

So when AE's RC10T parts could be used on a RC10T2 (I used T2 parts on my 10T all the time) and AE came out with the B3 kit and made a conversion kit to go from the B2 to the B3 it was ok right?

BTW I'm a huge fan of both companies.

Jay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.