Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott54
any word on a kyosho rb5T?
RT5
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Initiate

amazes me losi not sending drivers and yet xfactory has found ways to get money to goto world. Glad ive bought a kit from them and at this point tempted to sell my two xxx-cr and by a x6
Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

who cares the CR is junk
Old 07-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quakeass
who cares the CR is junk
I happen to think my CR is a good buggy and great competition for the B4. This thread has turned into nothing but a Losi bash thread. Also, I do not see AE dominating 1/8 scale. Just to many manufacturers of great buggys and truggys unlike 2wd electric where it has been AE and Losi for a while. Hopefully Kyosho will shake things up a bit on the electric side of the hobby.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also think Kyosho, is really going to shake things up, and wouldn't be suprised if they win it big!

On that note, I am concerned about Losi and where the company is headed. I'm slowly stocking up on XXX-4 & S parts just in case the company starts to fade away.

Jay
Old 07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Who knows...Maybe Kyosho might buy Losi from Horizon???
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Losi going to Kyosho....Back to Gil Losi Jr. no there is a dream come true!!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I see alot of bashing going on here when people are not considering what Horizon/Losi does. They are a MAJOR distributor. They have redone their electric cars continuously and while it's not a completely new design the parts development and production is no picnic and is pretty expensive to accomplish. The 8ight has been a huge success but the inability of shops to keep parts dies fall onto Losi/Horizon. They just are not delivering. If racing is as small a portion of the market as I have been led to believe then the development of the 8ight and the electric cars has been remarkable considering the M.O. of a company like Horizon.

There was an earlier comment about how the Pink Taper pin tires are hard to get and that's because they only sell in certain areas. Give Panther "C" switch 2.0 a try, those work pretty well too. I can understand why they would only make a certain amount. That falls on the shops that sell them well. A track that calls for Pink Tapers should order them in the off season accordingly.

Electric is not dying but we racers need to embrace new things. Lipo and brushless are the saviors. If electric racers insist on continuing to run 6 cell packs and brushed motors it will continue to discourage people from participating in the wallet racing that is taking place now. SInce I switched to Lipo/BL I have NEVER lost to anybody else's equipment (plenty of other reasons though ).

Horizon operates on a different scale from other R/C companies and at some point they will see a diminishing return (Stadium truck racing is only big in the US by the way and the US is the only affluent culture inthe world that buys real trucks). To Horizon, if it's not profitable then it's not as important. Sucks, but its the truth.

Maybe they know that going to the world's doesn't have a real effect on sales anymore. Does it really matter to us if the cars are still good (the losi cars are junk comment was just plain ignorant)?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Call me shallow but if a certian car dominates in a class... say the XXX-4 for instance over all the other new buggies coming out I.E. B44, ZX-5,X-6,501X,SB-V2 and any others I'm missing I want the XXX-4! If the B44 wins and I'm in the market for a new 4wd buggy then I'm probably going to get a B44. It's been that way for years people want a car that can win ( I know it has a lot to do with the drivers) even if it's just for bashing I want to know I have that "edge" over my buddies even if it's all in my head. How do you think AE became so big, they won the worlds like what 9 times? You win you sell.

Just my 2 cents. Also... I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, I HOPE Losi doesn't fall into a balck hole, for the sake of the hobby, and myself!

Jay
Old 07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
I see alot of bashing going on here when people are not considering what Horizon/Losi does. They are a MAJOR distributor. They have redone their electric cars continuously and while it's not a completely new design the parts development and production is no picnic and is pretty expensive to accomplish. The 8ight has been a huge success but the inability of shops to keep parts dies fall onto Losi/Horizon. They just are not delivering. If racing is as small a portion of the market as I have been led to believe then the development of the 8ight and the electric cars has been remarkable considering the M.O. of a company like Horizon.

There was an earlier comment about how the Pink Taper pin tires are hard to get and that's because they only sell in certain areas. Give Panther "C" switch 2.0 a try, those work pretty well too. I can understand why they would only make a certain amount. That falls on the shops that sell them well. A track that calls for Pink Tapers should order them in the off season accordingly.

Electric is not dying but we racers need to embrace new things. Lipo and brushless are the saviors. If electric racers insist on continuing to run 6 cell packs and brushed motors it will continue to discourage people from participating in the wallet racing that is taking place now. SInce I switched to Lipo/BL I have NEVER lost to anybody else's equipment (plenty of other reasons though ).

Horizon operates on a different scale from other R/C companies and at some point they will see a diminishing return (Stadium truck racing is only big in the US by the way and the US is the only affluent culture inthe world that buys real trucks). To Horizon, if it's not profitable then it's not as important. Sucks, but its the truth.

Maybe they know that going to the world's doesn't have a real effect on sales anymore. Does it really matter to us if the cars are still good (the losi cars are junk comment was just plain ignorant)?
You have very good things to say and think about.

But I disagree with the bold statement. If you look at how many people drive AE cars, how much they consistently win around the world, and how you can buy a B4 or a T4 without having to mix and match parts from newer/older buggies to have a good car it does seem like Losi is behind and just doesn't care about this class. My BK1 has CR parts on it now. When I switch to AE it will just be a B4, no hybrid of 2 buggies needed to win or get a good car in the end. They are not junk but looking from a different view the cars don't seem as good simply because of Losi. They should redesign the car, not use a Gen 1 or 2 tranny with XX-CR rear hubs, blah blah blah. Do a complete over haul and start racing!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Isn't AE on Ver. 4 of the B4? I'm almost positive they have fixed little things here and there. That's what the new XXX-CR was about. The basic car was good but the graphite was to brittle for the new-ruff tracks so they came out with the EA3 plastic.

Jay
Old 07-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro18t
Isn't AE on Ver. 4 of the B4? I'm almost positive they have fixed little things here and there. That's what the new XXX-CR was about. The basic car was good but the graphite was to brittle for the new-ruff tracks so they came out with the EA3 plastic.

Jay
The XXX-CR isn't all that great to me, I love the heck outta Losi but CR parts fit no problem on my older BK1, thats not saying much as a new buggy, more like new parts. Losi and Xray should get together sometime and actually come out with new cars instead of new parts for everything. They are on version 4 of the RC10. Not the B4. The B3 and B4 parts can't be mixed and matched like on Losi buggies. Alot of Losi's buggies and trucks parts can easily be switched over for different handling style, while tat may help you on the track, it also shows (IMO) that Losi just doesn't give a hoot enough to design a new car from scratch. The EA3 on my buggy isn't the strongest I've seen, why not just plastic like the B4 Stealth has?
Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think Losi Has the bugs out of the EA3. When I first got the EA3 Parts "when they first came out " I broke a front arm on the 4th pack, I hadn't broke a Graphite Front Arm the entire 2005 race season. But now the parts seem to be better then before. But I am tired of seeing losi Parts on Backorder that gets old.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

That is certainly fair to say annie (about the hybrid cars) but the XXX Bk1 and series of cars, hybrids or not, can't be intelligently called junk, can they? Every one of these cars are still great performers even if B4's have had more high profile wins in recent times. My point was simply that Losi makes quality stuff.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Agreed, now lets just hope they keep making great stuff.

Jay

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.