Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Old 07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The real sad thing is that Horizon already has basher brands such as Sportwerks. I don't understand why they insist on ruining the Team Losi name as a racing brand. Sure it has more name recognition among people already in the hobby, but bashers already in the hobby dont care about what name is on their monster truck as long as it works well.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Scott54 & Jack hit the nail on the head. Horizon should let the Losi be Losi which means producing and selling products meant for racing. Everything else Horizon makes should be sold under the Sportsworks name.

Japan is one of the most important places in the world of RC. Losi should be there. At the very least, how about sending 2 guys instead of 4?

I find it so ironic that all the things everyone predicted would happen to AE after they were bought by TT is actually happenning to Losi instead. They should seriously consider the Thunder Tiger / AE acquision for their own business model.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Who knows what Horizons intentions are but it sure appears they are using the Losi "Brand" to sell a bunch of crap cars. Not sending drivers to the worlds is a sign they are more interested in selling toys and bashers then they are about racing.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
The day`s of the Team driver`s are all but over....

I hope that isnt true, at least for our mutual acquaintance.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237

I find it so ironic that all the things everyone predicted would happen to AE after they were bought by TT is actually happenning to Losi instead. They should seriously consider the Thunder Tiger / AE acquision for their own business model.

Ahahahaha, very good point Ed. I forgot about that!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

stop trying to save a sinking ship guys, you know horizon is going to eliminate the racing division of Team Losi, its only time now. Time to sell off your losi gear to someone that hasn't heard the news while you can.

X-Factory had better source their 4wd car parts from somewhere else.

Its a shame to see such a history and era being slowly dismantled for a higher profit margin.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

I'm actually waiting for someone to stick up for Losi with the argument about the success of the 8ight. Credit granted, but they are still neglecting the foundation of their product line. I'd like to hear someone from Losi comment on this topic. Or maybe someone at Losi send this thread to someone at Horizon! I completely forgot about Horizon owning Sportwerks too, that's a very good point.... it's kind of like GM having pontiac and chevrolet (and a half dozen others) all producing cars competing with themselves. Then you have Toyota having the Toyota name, Lexus, and Scion.... none of which interfere with each other's market and they wouldn't insult a Lexus owner by producing a $12,000 lexus. Losi should keep Sportwerks for their basher brand and for extreme mass production to fit on WalMart and Toys R Us shelves, and keep Losi in the RC racing market. Someone's going to make the comment that it's more profitable to re-shape the Losi line to sell at WalMart, but remember just because they're selling a gazillion units, doesn't mean their profit margin stays the same... usually it gets cut down to a small fraction.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scrubb
stop trying to save a sinking ship guys, you know horizon is going to eliminate the racing division of Team Losi, its only time now. Time to sell off your losi gear to someone that hasn't heard the news while you can.
That may be a bit extreme.. (I can only hope) .. But is does seem like they are shifting gears so to speak....

How can they not send drivers to the Worlds though...
Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you know anything about how Walmart conducts business you know there isn't a lot of money to be made. Walmart calls the shots on pricing and doesn't care about your operating cost. Ask rubbermaid how their relationship went.

What appears to be happening to Losi has happend to a lot of great companies. They get purchased by a bigger company who uses the brand recognition to sell cheaper products.

Growing up in So Cali racing at The ranch Pit shop you would bump into many Losi sponsored drivers. Thats not the case anymore. Were did they all go? It started at the club level and now has moved to the worlds.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

They care enough to buy advertising here, I just saw a team losi/adam drake banner
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Are they just having a bad year financially and will be back next year, or is this just the beginning of the end. And if so, how long will it take? 1-2 years?

I could only imagine the dissapointment for the drivers. Going to high profile races overseas like the worlds in Japan is one of the big reasons they work so hard at what they do.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I saw the same Losi/Drake banner at the top of the screen. So Losi Racing still has a pulse. I'd still like to see someone who represents Losi to comment on this thread...... or do we really need an answer? Gil Losi Jr. leaving Losi pretty much sums it up for me. After all, everything evolved from the "Jr"x2.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire

How can they not send drivers to the Worlds though...
Is Horizon even involved in the race scene? I don't see them even caring about racing. Sure doesn't look like it. They're making money. Since they own Losi, you'd think someone at Horizon would have a clue and get involved. I think it sucks.

We should start buying lottery tickets. When we win, us racers can buy Losi back.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

or instead of buying lottery tickets to buy back losi, we could build our own car using some losi parts.... and then 5 yrs from Losi can develop a car based on our design and call it their own!

(I guess I should point out that if aren't reading the B44 thread this wouldn't make sense)
Old 07-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh yeah. Forgot that's how designing goes these days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.