Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default RC10T Rebuild

i have a old school RC10T truck and was going to get it back up for a bit of fun at the track. I took the tranny apart and relubed the gears and checked for any broken gears and such. (it has been sitting for a quite a while). I got everything back together and the electronics installed. When i fire the thing up, and give the throttle, it goes like hell but when i put on the ground it doesnt move the spur gear is going but thats it. any ideahs? I still have bushing in the diff. and it did run fine back a few years ago.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

which way did you put the diff in. there is the bolt on one side and a nut on the other side, you need to put the bolt on the left side and the nut on the right side if im not mistaken. also did you rebuld the diff, if so did you tighten the diff enough and after you run it for one pack check the diff to make sure its tight enough.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Your Diff is in backwards. Buy some bearings.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Yeah get bearings. and what electronics do you have in it?
Old 04-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

no i dont have bearings in it.. i think i have figured it out though my slipper pad is shot.. need a new one, so the search is on for that. also need to replace the dog bones... Does anyone know if you can swap them for Universals like whats in the T2?
Old 04-26-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Universals are good, but the CVD made by MIP are even better as they are servicable. Also, if you can find 64 pitch gears for the internal transmission gears, buy them!! It'll change the ratio and make your truck a bunch quicker out of corners and from dead stops.

Good luck & have fun!!!