Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds >

2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds

2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds

Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hodapp
OMG!!!! I was just looking at pics of the track. What a great location to promote RC to the world. NOT! How sad that the only people watching the event will be the people attending the event or nerds like me who know about it and watch online.

Good luck to all the USA guys. Punch it!!!!!
funny how ignorant people criticize the track when they have never been there. and can only comment from pics from years ago.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

where is everyone logging onto to get coverage of this race? so odd that its tough to find info for a world championship. would be good to see how things progress and the race happens.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

LIVE BROADCAST
OF THE
OFF-ROAD
IFMAR WORLDS!!!

http://aedownloads.com/associatedlive/index.htm

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

This IS the Ifmar Worlds, I think

that should deserve a "sticky" to the top

so we don't have to keep looking for this thread.

Any one have someone "inside" so we can get that done??

Thanks,

Judi
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

I'll put it this way.....Dale Earnhardt Jr. (sp?) will still be racing until his current contract expires before he moves on elsewhere, which is how it should be done. Whereas apparently Team Losi Racing (as they're now called) doesn't follow the same mentality/logic.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

i clicked the link to the broadcast, then to the oople coverage and he broke the php already :P. and its not even the 9th yet.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

the issue that oOple is having with php should not affect their coverage, it just limits their forum and dynamic pages
Old 09-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hodapp
OMG!!!! I was just looking at pics of the track. What a great location to promote RC to the world. NOT! How sad that the only people watching the event will be the people attending the event or nerds like me who know about it and watch online.

Good luck to all the USA guys. Punch it!!!!!

Hey what's up Greg... being that the Race is in Japan... I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers deliberately chose such a remote site to give Japanese Drivers the best shot at winning a Worlds Championship (especially in 4WD). No better way to do that than to have the Track out in some middle of nowhere ski resort which only adds more expenses, time, and hassle (especially for foreign visitors). In the end it discourages some to make the trip all together (and probably forces some teams to trim down their rosters). When it was announced Japan would host the 2007 Off-Road Worlds I think many hoped it would be in historic Yatabe Arena just like in 95'.

Surprisingly, I asked Masami what he thought about the Track while at this year's Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout and I was amazed when he said he had never Raced there?!

Take it Easy and hope your retirement isn't too permanent.

Ish

By the way... Cool to see 4WD Racers outnumbering 2WD Racers for a change!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by STEALTH
Hey what's up Greg... being that the Race is in Japan... I wouldn't be surprised if the organizers deliberately chose such a remote site to give Japanese Drivers the best shot at winning a Worlds Championship (especially in 4WD). No better way to do that than to have the Track out in some middle of nowhere ski resort which only adds more expenses, time, and hassle (especially for foreign visitors). In the end it discourages some to make the trip all together (and probably forces some teams to trim down their rosters). When it was announced Japan would host the 2007 Off-Road Worlds I think many hoped it would be in historic Yatabe Arena just like in 95'.

Surprisingly, I asked Masami what he thought about the Track while at this year's Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout and I was amazed when he said he had never Raced there?!

Ish

I'm sure that was the reasoning behind it.....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by STEALTH

Ish

Have a little faith will Yeah ?

Not like the USA can`t do it over there , USA even has the advantage driver wise, in my opinion....
Old 09-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Have a little faith will Yeah ?

Not like the USA can`t do it over there , USA even has the advantage driver wise, in my opinion....

I think many of us can agree that the US has the best overall Team out there. The British are very strong too. I'm quite sure the hosts realize and know this as well. Its just a suspicious theory anyway...
Old 09-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

I know the USA guys can do it.

But after attending 7 Off Road World Champs I have seen my fair share of political B.S. and all that stuff mentioned above has happened before so why not again. I hope that is not the case.

I still think races of this magnitude should take place in hugely populated areas where it gets exposed to people who have no clue about RC racing.

One of the biggest reasons why I stopped racing is because I kept finding myself sitting in the pits at these big races, looking around and seeing mostly the same faces with hardly any new faces and fewer entries all together. Not to mention 99% of the spectators at all the races I was attending were all people who were part of the event.

Anyway!.........Go Team USA!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Wild Cherry!!!!

Be seeing ya soon!!!! hehe!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Legend

Right On !!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SlobbaTech
I'll put it this way.....Dale Earnhardt Jr. (sp?) will still be racing until his current contract expires before he moves on elsewhere, which is how it should be done. Whereas apparently Team Losi Racing (as they're now called) doesn't follow the same mentality/logic.
Its a DAMN shame you couldn't make the Race... Pure B.S.! LOSI "Racing" most definitely dropped the ball!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.