Search

2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
Hey Guys,

After about 16 hours of total traveling, we're here.

We've got internet at our hotel, so I'll make an attempt to post some "chatter" here and there. Don't ask me to take any pictures or see what guys are running, you'll get what you get from me....

Wow, must be the jet lag talking.....

Truhe Fischer and myself are the 3 "novak" amigos. I'm looking foward to meeting up with the rest of the novak guys this morning. It's 6AM, I'm only up cause the Truhe Lumber Yard was open this morning cutting some logs.

How do you post pics, the little paperclip doesn't work, and the attach button on the bottom doesn't do anything.

thats funny." Lumber Yard" maybe look around for some breathe right strips there Charlie. Good Luck to you and your racers for Novak i hope it is a great result for Novak. Good Luck tgo all USA racers and team AE.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

click on the link for OOple pics and info

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/worldchampionships-2007/
Old 09-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

I simply moved out of the lumber yard area. We got two rooms, but the 2nd had no beds, and nice man pointed me to the 1st room for sleeping. Well, I dug around the 2nd room and found the bed/matresses. So I slept good last night. Woke up to rain at about 4 this morning, sounded like it was pouring outside still. When we went to sleep it was raining, so I'm very anxious to see the track this morning.

They have internet at the track so I'm taking my Laptop with today.

Sent a few pics over to doug, nothing exciting really. Yesterday was a bunch of sitting around preparing. Tire gluing and what not.

My most exciting part of the day was dinner and breakfast. We were a bit worried about the food situation, but the couple that runs this hotel (Tsuranoya??) is on top of it. We had a huge breakfast, and a bigger dinner. Eggs, ham, toast, banannas, rolls, "breakfast salad". All very western style. Even Fischer ate it, he's a picky on.

Dinner was some Minestrony tasting soup, lots of wonderful rolls, a seafood apetizer, salad, a steak (well sorta) Corn, french fry wedges. It was good stuff. I made a "happy plate".

Track opens up in a couple hours I'm sure it'll be good and soggy.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I simply moved out of the lumber yard area. We got two rooms, but the 2nd had no beds, and nice man pointed me to the 1st room for sleeping. Well, I dug around the 2nd room and found the bed/matresses. So I slept good last night. Woke up to rain at about 4 this morning, sounded like it was pouring outside still. When we went to sleep it was raining, so I'm very anxious to see the track this morning.

They have internet at the track so I'm taking my Laptop with today.

Sent a few pics over to doug, nothing exciting really. Yesterday was a bunch of sitting around preparing. Tire gluing and what not.

My most exciting part of the day was dinner and breakfast. We were a bit worried about the food situation, but the couple that runs this hotel (Tsuranoya??) is on top of it. We had a huge breakfast, and a bigger dinner. Eggs, ham, toast, banannas, rolls, "breakfast salad". All very western style. Even Fischer ate it, he's a picky on.

Dinner was some Minestrony tasting soup, lots of wonderful rolls, a seafood apetizer, salad, a steak (well sorta) Corn, french fry wedges. It was good stuff. I made a "happy plate".

Track opens up in a couple hours I'm sure it'll be good and soggy.
I would love to try some authentic Sushi.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, me too. We're kind of in a remote area... racing remote controlled cars.....

But up on the Mountain top here, supplies and establishments are fairly limited. I've been trying to get a ride down the mountain for a day now, need to find an ATM that will take my card, so does truhe. We slacked in the airports and didn't get any cash, as I've never had any problems with this in the past. Leason learned I suppose. But there is an Off Day in the middle so hope is not lost. Plus Uncle Billy has money we can borrow.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yo suangka hook it up brother and bring me back something cool

leon
Old 09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck finding an ATM that takes american cards. I was told you might be able to use the machines at a 7-eleven.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Check out the moguls.

That pic is from petit's thread
http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp//sh...ad.php?t=30675
Old 09-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, me too. We're kind of in a remote area... racing remote controlled cars.....

But up on the Mountain top here, supplies and establishments are fairly limited. I've been trying to get a ride down the mountain for a day now, need to find an ATM that will take my card, so does truhe. We slacked in the airports and didn't get any cash, as I've never had any problems with this in the past. Leason learned I suppose. But there is an Off Day in the middle so hope is not lost. Plus Uncle Billy has money we can borrow.
So you are telling us that this track's location is so remote that you need to take a long journey to find an ATM? omg.........

Hey Charlie..........watch out for the curbs. lol............good times.........
Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

They don't have curbs, they have these crazy ditches....

There are Circle K's down the hill, but getting a ride is another story...... Luckily my buddy Cedric from France's group has a rental, its raining so hopefully we'll have some time.

It rained all night, and on and off this morning. It's kind of drizzling now.

Leon- You get Nothing.

Hodapp- Thanks Bud. Its not that far, maybe about 20-30 minutes. Oh, nothing on the hill takes credit cards either. It's awesome.

Last edited by Charlie; 09-09-2007 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

The X-6 is in good hands.

Old 09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is this a hand tire race,and if so what are the tires....
Thanks
Old 09-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Yes it is a handout tire race.
2wd & 4wd rear Panther T755 Switch 2.0 S

4wd front, Panther T725 Bobcat S.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Petit-rc has got pics up from today on PAGE 2

http://www.petitrc.com/_forumphp//sh...ad.php?t=30675
Old 09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

when does this here live coverage become live? is there suppose to be something live where i can watch either results or video? is it just a blog?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.