Wiki Posts
Search

LOSI BK 1.5 OR FT B4 FOR OUTDOOR R\C RACING

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
For where you are going to race, go see how the turn out is for B4s versus the various losi versions that are being ran. See if you can get a chance to wheel some and see how you like it. Just offer to replace any parts you break to whoever you borrow the car from, thats a fair thing to do.

I like AE products, but I give it to losi for always trying to do different things sooner than AE.

I am not sure about the XXX-CR, heard mixed things about it and since they haven't really pushed out the truck yet which is suprising, makes me wonder if the XXX-CR was more of an intermediate step towards something else. Who knows.

Best bet for you, wheel them both and see what you like.
CR is a planted car, and what works on the buggy may not work on the truck per say. From what is going around they are using the AD2 style hub (which looks like the CR got its hubs from design wise), longer chassis, and XXX style tranny instead of the BK/MF2 style.

I was told that a MF1 with an optimal setup compared to an MF2 with its own optimal setup would have the MF1 being more aggressive and faster. I can say the rear end on my MF2 feels a bit "light" to me, at times making it feel floaty and not in the track.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

well i drive associated t4 and b4 (nice how some parts are interchangeable between them - less spares) but i can say that losi makes a great product, also if your just looking to get into 2wd, look at the rb5, everyone says that it is a great buggy right outta the box. if i where to buy a new buggy now, i would really have to look at kyosho, i can't wait to see if they do a ST-5

the thing with losi is that they had a concept truck at the cactus, so i wouldn't feel right putting money into a losi right now, not knowing if another "xxx-update" would be coming soon
Old 07-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

agreed with Jake about money in the truck, though this is about the buggy, just a heads up since alot of guys will gravitate to more than just 1 class.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
FT B4 dude.not even a question

I HEAR YOU BRO...............

LMK NEXT TIME YOU GO OUT TO B&B