R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   MAXAMPS BATTERY REVIEW (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/170788-maxamps-battery-review.html)

badassrevo 07-03-2007 05:26 AM

MAXAMPS BATTERY REVIEW

I have been running Maxamps packs for over a year now and have to say that they are hands down the best batteries available.
I currently run the 2s6000 pack in my Losi XXXT MF2 it fits perfectly in the battery tray and allows you to add weight where you need it due to the battery being lighter than the NiMH packs. This battery will also allow you to run at race pace for 20 min. with a Novak 6.5. Maxamps batteries put down the HOSEPOWER you will never go back to "regular" batteries. I also run the 2s5500 saddle pack in my Tamiya TRF501x. It has the same constant power as the other great packs from Maxamps. If you really want to put your batteries to the test try to power a 1/8th buggy for 20 min. I currently run a 4s6000 Maxamps battery in my Electric RC Product Designs Losi 8ight with AWESOME results. The electric 1/8th buggy will out accelerate and out last it's nitro counterparts due to the hi power MAXAMPS batteries.

For all your battery needs check out www.maxamps.com

BobWoodhouse 07-03-2007 06:20 AM

I have to agree. I have been running only the 4000mAh packs in 1/10th 4wd (xxx4) with the mamba max 5700. The exra thing I like is the small lightweight packaging which seems to be holding up nicely.
It looks like this 1/8th electric buggy thing is catching on too. That might be a lot of fun.

tyreguy 07-03-2007 02:36 PM

looks like someone wants a free t-shirt! LOL

I really like Apogee stuff.

tyreguy 07-03-2007 06:13 PM

Found the email. Here is what Max Amps is mailing out. Expect to see more advertisement posts EVERYWHERE!! Real bad taste if you ask me!

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:06 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Calling all MaxAmps Fans for FREE Stuff!

Free Decals and Free T-Shirts for all MaxAmps Fans

Here’s how it works

For free Decals:

Go to your favorite product on the website. Click on “details”, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “write review”. Drop an email to [email protected] with your full name and address along with what item you reviewed and we will send you out some free decals.

For a free T-Shirt:

Go to your favorite online forum. Some examples are rc-monster.com, rcuniverse.com, traxxas.com, radiocontrolzone.com, rcgroups.com, and rctech.com. Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it. Then drop an email to [email protected] with what the pack was, where you posted the review, your t-shirt size, and your full name and address. We will send you out a T-Shirt free of charge just for spreading the word about our products.

This is our way of saying “Thank you” for being a loyal MaxAmps fan!

Best Regards,

The MaxAmps Team

www.MaxAmps.com

seth556 07-03-2007 06:16 PM

Getting your t-shirt. I would make a review too but I'm too lazy.

protc3 07-03-2007 07:33 PM

hell,i dont need anymore T-shirts.i bought a 5500 saddle pack from them and i am very impressed.price is great and the quality is great.free bump from a happy customer who doesnt want free stuff.:cool:

syndr0me 07-05-2007 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by tyreguy (Post 3452465)
looks like someone wants a free t-shirt! LOL

I really like Apogee stuff.

Paying people to write positive reviews on other sites is sleazy. If I ran this site, I would drop them as an advertiser and ban their name from being used in topics. Encouraging your customers to spam the sites related to this hobby earns you guys a special place in hell.

Pull_My_Finger 07-05-2007 10:57 AM

Maxamps rocks! I'll take a large please. tee hee hee.

Seriously though, they only said to write a review. They didn't specifically say to write a postive review.

Leodis 07-05-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Pull_My_Finger (Post 3457687)
Maxamps rocks! I'll take a large please. tee hee hee.

Seriously though, they only said to write a review. They didn't specifically say to write a postive review.

Yes, they did: "Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it".

I've got a Maxamps 8000 and I haven't had any problems with it, but I do have a problem with Maxamps refusing to tell anyone where they buy their cells. Until they cough up that info, I won't buy another pack from them...

kuzo 07-05-2007 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leodis (Post 3457710)
Yes, they did: "Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it".

I've got a Maxamps 8000 and I haven't had any problems with it, but I do have a problem with Maxamps refusing to tell anyone where they buy their cells. Until they cough up that info, I won't buy another pack from them...

Very good point about what cells they use. From what I've read, there are significant safety differences between different cell manufacturers. Also since they only make soft pack currently I will not use them anymore. There was a recent confirmation of one of their packs igniting in a race due to a problem that would not have effected a hard cased pack.

foolio 07-05-2007 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by tyreguy (Post 3452967)
Found the email. Here is what Max Amps is mailing out. Expect to see more advertisement posts EVERYWHERE!! Real bad taste if you ask me!

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:06 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Calling all MaxAmps Fans for FREE Stuff!

Free Decals and Free T-Shirts for all MaxAmps Fans

Here’s how it works

For free Decals:

Go to your favorite product on the website. Click on “details”, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “write review”. Drop an email to [email protected] with your full name and address along with what item you reviewed and we will send you out some free decals.

For a free T-Shirt:

Go to your favorite online forum. Some examples are rc-monster.com, rcuniverse.com, traxxas.com, radiocontrolzone.com, rcgroups.com, and rctech.com. Go to the electric or battery section and write a little review about your MaxAmps pack and how much you like it. Then drop an email to [email protected] with what the pack was, where you posted the review, your t-shirt size, and your full name and address. We will send you out a T-Shirt free of charge just for spreading the word about our products.

This is our way of saying “Thank you” for being a loyal MaxAmps fan!

Best Regards,

The MaxAmps Team

www.MaxAmps.com

Wow. That is a shame. I come to sites like this to try and get the best impartial info I can. I know everyone has their favorites but jumping on an offer like this to get a free t-shirt shows how little someone values a site like this. It's all about them, no one else matters. I guess everyone has their price...I would be embarrassed if my price to cheapen such a great site like rctech was for an f'in free shirt.

tyreguy 08-24-2007 03:51 PM

Jan Larsen 08-25-2007 06:45 AM

Wow, whoever at Maxamps thought that idea out really should have a good kick in the ass for something that stupid. They should know that a mail like that would get publized.

Horrible marketing. :weird:

TechWun 08-26-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by badassrevo (Post 3451333)
I have been running Maxamps packs for over a year now and have to say that they are hands down the best batteries available.
I currently run the 2s6000 pack in my Losi XXXT MF2 it fits perfectly in the battery tray and allows you to add weight where you need it due to the battery being lighter than the NiMH packs. This battery will also allow you to run at race pace for 20 min. with a Novak 6.5. Maxamps batteries put down the HOSEPOWER you will never go back to "regular" batteries. I also run the 2s5500 saddle pack in my Tamiya TRF501x. It has the same constant power as the other great packs from Maxamps. If you really want to put your batteries to the test try to power a 1/8th buggy for 20 min. I currently run a 4s6000 Maxamps battery in my Electric RC Product Designs Losi 8ight with AWESOME results. The electric 1/8th buggy will out accelerate and out last it's nitro counterparts due to the hi power MAXAMPS batteries.

For all your battery needs check out www.maxamps.com

This is not a review, it's sub-contracted SPAM. Regain your self respect and delete your own post.

- Matt

FlyByWire 08-26-2007 08:58 AM

I love my Maxamps 6000's.. but I aggree.. the original post is shameless