R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   which 2wd is best (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/170509-2wd-best.html)

jordys jrxs 07-01-2007 06:56 AM

which 2wd is best

hi all, going to buy myself a knew 2wd buggy and was wondering if some1 could recomend one for me?

could you mention the pros and cons of each one please

thanx jordan

Eggman 07-01-2007 07:47 AM

I'm assuming you're a beginner?

Losi, Associated, and Kyosho are the contenders right now. In my area, the Kyoshos are becoming the hot new car to have, however, the parts availability isn't as good as the other 2 cars.

At the track, the first place winners are still associated cars.

Personally, I would recommend the Associated B4 for the simple reason that they are easy to work on, the kit setup is a good starting point for most tracks, and the parts are readily available.

With this car, there's no need for hop-ups, just build it according to the directions. Buy some good batteries and a decent radio, and save some money for tires, as they are 80% of the setup.

It doesn't matter which car you have, just practice, practice, practice.

jordys jrxs 07-01-2007 08:30 AM

no im not a beginner i am to the off-road seen... ive been racing 1/10th touring cars for bout 4-5 years now. i have all electrics and so on.

just need to buy a car, tyres, hopups if needed and so on

i did look at the rb5 and i do realy like it. its a good looking car but apparently needs some work.

jordan

BuggyKing 07-01-2007 09:52 AM

I have been off road racing for 3 years and I drove the Losi 2 wheel buggies. They are a good buggy to race with. Now I race with the Associated B4 FT.

memyselfandI 07-01-2007 09:58 AM

RB5 doesn't need any work..very good car

jordys jrxs 07-01-2007 10:21 AM

hi, the RB5 ive heard that the setup needs quite alot of work?

jordan

protc3 07-01-2007 11:04 AM

i drove the losi buggies for a while and they worked well.i had a constant battle with a buddy of mine who ran the B4.he was always a tick faster and it made me work hard on setup to get him.it seemed to me the B4 just worked better and didnt require much setup work to make it steer.now i just went out and got a B4 and am happy i did.it is the best car i have driven.there are a few RB 5 cars at our track and they work ok.they do have good steering but they dont run as good as the B4's do.

Bigedmond 07-01-2007 12:01 PM

B4. hands down. this is from someone that use to only run Losi. Losi cars develop slow in the front end way to fast.

Jerry23 07-01-2007 12:34 PM

the academy when it comes out.:nod:

protc3 07-01-2007 12:35 PM

:weird: MRC will never lead the industry.they may compete but i can never see them having the top dog

jordys jrxs 07-01-2007 12:42 PM

no it definatly wont be the academy cos i think that will be a very bad car looks to me like its got a losi fornt end and b4 rear end wich is the owrst of both cars!!!!

i reli like the RB5 i need to wieght up whats its gunna cost me to get each one.

atm the B4 FACTORY TEAM is on offer at 175 quid but the looks of the kyosho looks soo much nicer and is cheaper and spares are so easy and cheap aswell.

jordan

HELP PEOPLE LOL I CANT DECIDE

protc3 07-01-2007 12:45 PM

the FT B4 comes with all the hot upgrades,handles the best,and in the long run is cheaper.

mugenlife 07-01-2007 01:24 PM

all 3 can win but more people are leaning towards the AE. losi guys complain about adding weight to the b4 but at same time i see the fast locals putting weight on the front of their crs ...

jordys jrxs 07-01-2007 02:05 PM

hi, i hate to break it to everyone but im leanin very close to the RB5 not sure yet tho lol hmmmm very tempted.

jordan

K.Copeland 07-01-2007 02:43 PM

They're all good, some have different characteristics that make them better on certain tracks.

Buy whatever you can get parts for.