R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
RC10GT PLUS RTR ? please

HI im thinking of getting an rc car the rc10gt plus rtr i got a couple of ?'s first i hear the radio is pretty bad if it is what should i upgrade to wat about the servos are they good enough
and does the glow starter that comes with the kit is it good should i get another one
wat shock weight oil should i use
can the car do wheelis probably a stupid question
wat is the first upgrade i should get for it
and wat kind of glow plug should i use for it
and if u have some helpful tips or things i should no about the car please tell me thanks alot u guys are really cool r/c on
zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 10:35 AM   #2

Well if your not going to race than the radio and servos are ok. i think that it does come with a glow igniter. You dont really need to get anoher one i have about 8 or 9 of hem but some time you will want to get another one just in case. For fuel the traxxas fuel is good. You may be able to do wheeles. For shock oil,i use 30 in the front and 40 in the back but it does depend on the track too. For the first thig t upgrade it depends, You may want a diffrent engine,body,parts, radio. Hope this helps And what track are you going to use this at and you said you live in ny can you tell where in NY? Because i might live near you. THANKS
R C king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

If you do get the RTR, I have a couple of warnings for you.

I just got mine via UPS yesterday and just got it running sorta ok now (1 oclock on friday)

the throttle servo wasn't set even close to right...when starting up the truck it idled at about half throttle...and for a dumb newbie like me that didn't pick it up to start it, it kind of sucked because I couldn't run it down...and trying to control a runaway truck blows haha.

I finally got it close enough to me and let it run into my boot, which promptly stripped the spur gear. So I ran down to Twin City Hobby last night and bought 2 new gears (4 bux each doesnt hurt to have a spare)

So this morning I corrected the servo problem (picky lil things too) and got the truck to start and idle after leaning the low speed mixture down a bunch.

Now the problem I'm having is oil is coming out of either the head/cyl mating area, or the header. I'm guessing its the header because it looks a bit loose, and after the engine cools down I'm going to tighten it (dont want to tighten stuff on hot aluminum)

It seems like a nicely put together truck, but either I'm an idiot for expecting this stuff to be right, or somebody had a bad day at Associated when they put my truck together. Take this with a grain of salt, because like I said, I'm a newbie with nitro.

Make sure you check this stuff before you run your truck...a lesson learned on my part.

*edit* header was loose...tightened both allen bolts up. Also noticed my idle problem is due to the brake linkage being put on upside down to the servo...now I can idle, and brake. Wonders never cease

Last edited by Dill; 04-25-2003 at 01:57 PM.
Dill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
Smile RC10GT

zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Tech Adept

According to Xtreme RC Cars, the steering servo doesn't center well. Other than that they loved it. It comes with the extended Factory Team chassis. There are MANY upgrades availible. I'd suggest either Factory Team Carbon Fiber Or Hardcore Titanium shock towers and RPM Nylon A-arms.
mr. chicken is offline   Reply With Quote