R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Any word on an Associated T5 or B5? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/168734-any-word-associated-t5-b5.html)

OG RC 10T 06-18-2007 10:59 AM

Any word on an Associated T5 or B5?

Couldnt find it in a search.

I know the T4 and B4 have been out for some time, and though I just bought a T4, I was curious to see if there has been any talk on when Assiciated may release a T5 or B5. Mostly b/c I was thinking of getting a B4, but because I dont really need it, I can wait for the new one, that is if there is one in the works.

Any ideas????

Elkewlbeanz 06-18-2007 11:02 AM

Associated goes by the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" mentality. The B4 and T4 just swept the ROAR modified Nationals.. and the Cactus Classic. So basically I dont think we'll see anything new unless some other design starts winning races on a consistent basis.

Just my 2 cents.

Leodis 06-18-2007 12:03 PM

Associated won't put out a T5/B5 in the near future since the B4/T4 continues to dominate electric off-road. However....I think they should update the factory team kits a little bit. Why do they continue to include a carbon chassis and carbon a-arms in the kits when hardly any factory drivers use them? That just adds an extra $30 to the kit price by the time you swap them out. And would it kill them to throw some battery strap thumbscrews in there and a B4 body that actually accomodates most brushless speedos?

Elkewlbeanz 06-18-2007 12:19 PM

Amen to that!

cantona 06-18-2007 01:53 PM

if it aint broke, dont fix it! cant see losi catching up any time soon, Kyosho will force AE to release new 2wd and Truck

K_King 06-18-2007 02:36 PM

People need to eventually realize the car is just a small portion of performance. Do you guys honestly think Ryan C or Tebo or Maifield would be any less fast in a Losi car? People put too much emphasis on this, instead of actually practicing. I know they handle different, but with tuning you can get to handle very much the same.

jabroni racing 06-18-2007 02:47 PM

As i recall Ryan C was always fast but since he joined AE he started a heck of a winning era for himself that he didnt have with Losi..And, Billy easton did Great with AE then he went to losi and I dont recall One win with them.. Just a observation that some vehicles suite a driver better then others..

cantona 06-18-2007 02:51 PM

K_King- read between the lines, i was more or less referring to no more Gil Losi Jnr at Team Losi, i dont care who you are, that is not good for future losi on track performance

Leodis 06-18-2007 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by K_King (Post 3409877)
People need to eventually realize the car is just a small portion of performance. Do you guys honestly think Ryan C or Tebo or Maifield would be any less fast in a Losi car? People put too much emphasis on this, instead of actually practicing. I know they handle different, but with tuning you can get to handle very much the same.

I think those guys would be just as fast if they drove Losis, but we'll probably never find out the answer to that question so it's a moot point. You know what I thought was really impressive about AE's performance at the nats? It wasn't just Cavalieri's sweep. It was the fact that big name 4WD factory drivers like Easton and Amezcua chose to drive AE 2WD buggies/trucks even though they weren't sponsored by AE. That's something that racers like me notice. So why did those guys go with AE instead of Losi? ;) It obviously didn't have anything to do with money or sponsorships.:D

K_King 06-18-2007 03:14 PM

Did you REALLY expect guys who just LEFT Losi to drive their cars?

Brandon Melton 06-18-2007 03:23 PM

The T4 has not lost a ROAR national sice it's first race in 2003 at the tiltyard. That's five in a row. There's really no reason to have to fix something that's not broken, as previously mentioned.

B4 has also won the two WC's since it's release.

OG RC 10T 06-18-2007 04:25 PM

Wow this thread took a turn from what my orgional question was. Thank you guys who answered me.

The rest is all good conversation too. Interesting to a rookie.

memyselfandI 06-18-2007 06:47 PM

kyosho will surprise those at associated if you don't keep an eye out. Spending heaps of money attracting great people and is a going team with very under rated cars.....the team to watch

OG RC 10T 06-18-2007 07:06 PM

That ZX-5 is a very cool car and it was / is a thought.

Wild Cherry 06-18-2007 07:43 PM

Too Funny !

Let The Kyosho bring it .....

mean time , Ae will be waiting .....:D