Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7.5 brushless gearing on a T3

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

7.5 brushless gearing on a T3

Hi wanted to know what gearing to put on a T3 with a 7.5 brushless motor???(pinion)

Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

17 tooth should put you pretty close with the 87 tooth spur. Somewhere between 16-18T should be the sweet spot I'd think. I have two T3s by the way and I've had an 8.5 and 6.5 in one of them before.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

iam running a lrp set up with a 6.5 w/sintered rotor, orignally befor the sintered rotor was installed i could run a 17/87, without pulling the front end on the straits, but since i have added the sintered rotor, i had to go up on the pinion to 18 and down on the spur to 85t spur, iam chewing up slippers though. but thats the breaks with added torque. so to answer you question i would agree that anywhere between 16 and 18 is a sweet spot, dont forget to play with your spur gear though, alot of guys forget about that, you can make a world of differece with the spur and not play with fire hurting the motor. any question pm me.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks I will try it.