Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2wd buggy and truck difference >

2wd buggy and truck difference

2wd buggy and truck difference

Old 06-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2wd buggy and truck difference

I have a MF2 truck and love it. But 2wd buggies at our track out number trucks by about 3:1 or even 4:1 and I was wondering what makes buggies so much more popular.

What are the major differences between the two in terms of handling, the way they drive, feel, etc.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Not sure on performance but i think buggies look better but thats just my opinion
Old 06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

That is interesting that you have that kind of "problem" at your track. Usually its the other way around.

Trucks usually are the first vehicles people would start with in electric. They are easy to drive as they are wider and as they are heavier go a bit slower, same power to same power.

2wd buggies are alot more challenging to drive, and are nimble and quicker than 2wd stadium trucks. Tires are also cheaper as well, but, at least for me wear faster. If you can drive a 2wd buggy, you can drive a 2wd stadium truck.

I would say that if the buggy class is really big at your track, give it a shot. Its a rare thing that 2wd electric buggy is more popular than stadium track in alot of areas where both classes are run.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Trucks are always outnumbered at my local track too...Most of the guys who race mod buggy there (including me) have been racing buggies for almost 20 years so I think there are some sentimental reasons why we prefer buggies. That's not to say we won't dust off our trucks and race them too if lots of people with trucks show up. I have just as much fun racing my truck, but it's easier to drive and I just prefer how my buggy always feels like it's on the verge of being out of control.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For mod classes buggy is much more popular than a truck, trucks burn up motors a lot quiker then a buggy does.

It also depends on what kind of track you race on,if it is a very tight track with small lanes it is hard to have good racing with trucks,but with the buggys much easier.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

trucks have more handling and more stablitity than buggy. Buggies take a little more finese to learn to drive.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ive never drove a 2wd buggy, but i would like to only problem is there is non in my area everything is stock 27T truck....mod 2wd buggy would be fun, or atleast i think it would be....
Old 06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i drive 2wd buggy stock
at castle hill (nsw) buggy outnumbers truck heaps
we get bout 7-9 stock buggies in a race and 5-7 mod
the trucks are only mod and are only bout 6
i wouldnt mind having a go at truck
Old 06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Our local track is a 1/8 scale track thats really ruff so most of us just stoped running 2wd buggy and our running truck because its alot easier to drive on our track.