Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos? >

Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos?

Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos?

Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos?

Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos, just for 6-10 charges, im getting a 4s 8000mah an a 2s 8000mah an will be out of money till the 1st of august,then ill buy a Thunder Power TP205 Lipo Balancer , an Thunder Power 1010C Charger , but till then can i use my reedy pro? i would only charge the packs up to 70-80% of there capacity for now and at like 3amps, i would also just run them down to 20-25%, and i will be sitting rite next to the lipos while they are chargeing.....
Old 06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtremelimits285
Can i use my reedy pro charger to charge lipos, just for 6-10 charges, im getting a 4s 8000mah an a 2s 8000mah an will be out of money till the 1st of august,then ill buy a Thunder Power TP205 Lipo Balancer , an Thunder Power 1010C Charger , but till then can i use my reedy pro? i would only charge the packs up to 70-80% of there capacity for now and at like 3amps, i would also just run them down to 20-25%, and i will be sitting rite next to the lipos while they are chargeing.....
Sounds like you're pretty patient buying things as you get the money. What's waiting a couple more months to do it right? I am sure you still have the standard NiMH packs; why risk damaging your new lipos? On another note, I don't know if you want to be sitting next to those lipos if you are charging them with the wrong charger.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Don't do it. Plain and simple.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Don't do it!!!! Lipo's are highly intolerant to incorrect charging. You can damage your lipos or even worse start a fire!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just like in the other thread everyone told you do not charge lipo's with a charger that is not for lipo batteries. DO NOT USE YOUR REEDY FOR THE LIPO'S. it is extremely dangerous and hazardous to do so.