Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
sandlot drifters ? new sport in edmonton~ >

sandlot drifters ? new sport in edmonton~

sandlot drifters ? new sport in edmonton~

Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sandlot drifters ? new sport in edmonton~

I was out with my nephew at a softball game when I looked over at a neighboring ball diamond , there was like 10 guys , small tent by the dug out , but they were not playing ball , I had to investigate.

to my amazement they were racing 1/10 and 1/8 scale electrics ! stadium and buggies on a ball diamond! i sat on the bleachers most of the afternoon wishing I had (a) known this existed and (b) could be racing , they had a really neat system starting with qualifying time trials for positions , multi races with various heats and everything , and they had a permit to use the ball diamond for the day and use one set of bleachers for a drivers stand ! I was amazed by this creative and slightly irregular version of dirt oval/drifting combined

I spoke to a few and was given a website of one of the guys teams that started the whole thing , its not main stream in RC worlds yet , but for a summer past time it looks promising if granted ill leave url here http://teamprorc.50megs.com check it out maybe other clubs will wanna try this out !

Ted
Old 06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow! I find myself wanting to read more. It is often just too far for people to go to the closest track but a ball diamond is never very far. You get 4 or 5 guys together and I could see this being a blast.