Search

Best 4wd Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default Best 4wd Buggy?

Guys,
Im looking for an awsome 4wd electric buggy. I really don't want a BJ4 or anything that uses saddle packs because I don't have any, I run li-po's and im not ready to buy new saddle type Li-po's.

I know the first thing your gonna say, get what is most popular and has the most parts support at the local track. Well thats the BJ4 WE and the Losi XXX4 G+. It appears my only choice is the Losi buggy but its ugly!

I don't mind going with something different, like Kyosho, Yokomo, Tamiya, etc. I can order lots of spares online.

Whats the best handing buggy? Same driver, track, electrics, just chassis change out? I may be stuck with the XXX G+.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
Guys,
Im looking for an awsome 4wd electric buggy. I really don't want a BJ4 or anything that uses saddle packs because I don't have any, I run li-po's and im not ready to buy new saddle type Li-po's.

I know the first thing your gonna say, get what is most popular and has the most parts support at the local track. Well thats the BJ4 WE and the Losi XXX4 G+. It appears my only choice is the Losi buggy but its ugly!

I don't mind going with something different, like Kyosho, Yokomo, Tamiya, etc. I can order lots of spares online.

Whats the best handing buggy? Same driver, track, electrics, just chassis change out? I may be stuck with the XXX G+.
Well, you don't have much of a choice.
The only straight battery configuration out right now is the Kyosho Lazer ZX5, the Academy SBV2 Pro or the Losi.
All are great, but I would go with the Lazer. Great car, parts are plentiful.
With the RB5 doing great, Kyosho seems to be the brand to go for.
You can also try to get a hold of the Original BJ4. That was also a straight pack configuration.
The other good thing about the Lazer is that KMC has an optional chassis to convert it to saddle.
That way if you later decide to go saddle, you can.
Good luck. Great class to be in right now.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i would go with the Lazer ZX-5 good buggy with lots of upgrades...
Old 06-17-2007, 06:48 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

The BJ4 Worlds uses saddle packs. You can get the original BJ4. It has a conventional electronics layout. JConcepts still supports the car. All of the driveline and suspension are AE parts, so you can pick up spares easily.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Try My TC3 "O" V3

Dare to be different. I produce a TC3 based vehicle. The TC3 "O" V3.
I have attached a pic. I provide personal service and fast response to all orders or issues.
Contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Check out the V2 kit at www.rcproductdesigns.com. The V3 kit is new and not on the web site yet.
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Best 4wd Buggy?-cf-tc3o-3.jpg  
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I would say the Academy SB V2 Pro deserves a serious look.

It is now being carried by Stormerhobbies, amainhobbies, and ultimatehobbies. For $279.99 you get a lot of buggy for the money and the parts are extremely durable.

I liked the ZX-5 when I saw it go, very nice too, but the common report I was getting from people was that it was more delicate than they would have liked. Has this cleared up, don't know.

As for the XXX-4, if you do ruff stuff, you probably don't want this buggy.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

For what you are looking for I say go with the Laser. Lots of hop ups and not bad to work on. Lipos also will fit in there.