What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

I wouldn't say which buggy is best, because there is no such thing - I know which buggies I like the most, but everyone is different and wants different things.
Someone should make a buggy 'slagging-off' thread, and just slate every single buggy, giving all the bad points and negatives. That would be much easier to navigate than a thread where everyone is bigging-up the car they own.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bender
or are people that gullible nowadays that they'll buy a car simply because someone told them it was the best?
Well, what is the point of this thread? Anyone who has ever started a "what is the best..." thread is obviously looking for input before making their own decision.

Surely, some honesty is not too difficult for anyone is it?
Where is the dishonesty? As I stated in my previous post, everyone believes that their car is the best. What is wrong with presenting the reasons (fact or opinion) why they feel that way?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any company representative that comes on threads like these to blatantly spread biased propaganda about "their" car deserves all the "bashing" they get

Yes, individual drivers may be guilty of the same thing, but I would expect anyone representing a manufacturer to be a little more mature, and honest.
It appears both foolish and childish to just sprout "the company line" at the drop of a hat - or are people that gullible nowadays that they'll buy a car simply because someone told them it was the best?

Surely, some honesty is not too difficult for anyone is it?

It becomes very tiresome to read comments made by manufacturers or team drivers where everything about "their" car is perfect, and everything about the opposition's car is rubbish. If this were truly the case then there would only ever be 1 competitive car in each scale.

Manufacturers DO have a place where they can go and help drivers, share information etc - and that is their own dedicated support threads.
There's something that's just not right about company rep's prowling forums looking for a quick product placement

Anyway, rant over - I drive a 501X, and would be only too pleased to tell anyone about all of the cars good points, AND, all of the cars bad points - I challenge the company rep's to do the same
get over yourself
Old 06-07-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Jason Rouna and Brad Reelfs are both successfull racers, why wouldn't their opinion be just as valuable (or more) than yours, Bender?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Talking

come to think of it, I agree that there's no such thing as best 4wd ep buggy.

but I would vote for my all time favorite!!

and that must be my oldies the hotshot and avante!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pininfarina
come to think of it, I agree that there's no such thing as best 4wd ep buggy.

but I would vote for my all time favorite!!

and that must be my oldies the hotshot and avante!!
The best 4wd ep buggy is the one that works best for you...that to me is the best 4wd ep buggy...
Old 06-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

TC3"0" V2 for sure. In fact, I have one for sale if you're interested
Old 06-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by badassrevo
i think he was just using it for cost comparasons,
But my losi 8ight is electric.
Hey, where'd you get that battery tray? I need one of those for my electric Revo!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys are too funny

Originally Posted by BradR
Well, what is the point of this thread? Anyone who has ever started a "what is the best..." thread is obviously looking for input before making their own decision.

Where is the dishonesty? As I stated in my previous post, everyone believes that their car is the best. What is wrong with presenting the reasons (fact or opinion) why they feel that way?
They are looking for opinions yes, but not a sales pitch - which is what they usually get .
An opinion is more than "my car is best", an opinion is "my car is best because...." - it is the reasoning, as you put it, behind the statement - and their aren't too many reasons put forward here about why brand "X" is the best.

Ironically, my original post wasn't directed at yourself, as much as it was to Mr Weatherley - simply because the Predator series has never proven to be "a world beater" except in very specific circumstances.

At the very least Brad, J-Concepts have 2 world titles to their credit - something not achievable without a car that is at least "extremely good" - however this doesn't mean that the car (or any other) is without faults, something all company reps aren't too keen to admit - and can be seen by the way they instantly defend their product without consideration of whether comments made were actually truthful or not.

Originally Posted by Scrubb
Jason Rouna and Brad Reelfs are both successfull racers, why wouldn't their opinion be just as valuable (or more) than yours, Bender?
I never said their opinions weren't valuable nor compared them to my own opinions - but have they (or anyone else) actually offered any opinions?
There is a big difference between sales pitch and an actual opinion.

I'm sure with their experience and skills, they have knowledge that is very valuable - though again, their opinions will be obviously biased towards their own products (like many others - I'm not trying to single anyone out) and therefore perhaps not as honest as they could be.

We all know to "Never trust a salesman"

Now, where did I put that bait....
Old 06-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up right on

You guys are too funny

They are looking for opinions yes, but not a sales pitch - which is what they usually get .
An opinion is more than "my car is best", an opinion is "my car is best because...." - it is the reasoning, as you put it, behind the statement - and their aren't too many reasons put forward here about why brand "X" is the best.

Ironically, my original post wasn't directed at yourself, as much as it was to Mr Weatherley - simply because the Predator series has never proven to be "a world beater" except in very specific circumstances.

At the very least Brad, J-Concepts have 2 world titles to their credit - something not achievable without a car that is at least "extremely good" - however this doesn't mean that the car (or any other) is without faults, something all company reps aren't too keen to admit - and can be seen by the way they instantly defend their product without consideration of whether comments made were actually truthful or not.

I never said their opinions weren't valuable nor compared them to my own opinions - but have they (or anyone else) actually offered any opinions?
There is a big difference between sales pitch and an actual opinion.

I'm sure with their experience and skills, they have knowledge that is very valuable - though again, their opinions will be obviously biased towards their own products (like many others - I'm not trying to single anyone out) and therefore perhaps not as honest as they could be.

We all know to "Never trust a salesman"

Now, where did I put that bait....
Well said, couldnt agree more.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default best 4wd buggy

hey all:I'm not sure what the best 4wd buggy is all i know is that the best is not always the best selling.If you take into account coast and availability of the kit and after market parts that's what realy determans what sells, just look at ae and losi for example.just my thoughts
Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

X11 sure is perdy, though. Dang, what a clean design. What about the Hot Bodies Cyclone? Looks good, huh? They all seem awfully expensive considering you can get a 2WD for $200 (FT T4).

Originally Posted by Funkymojo
Well but it's price range is very unfriendly...LOL...let's just hope the X11 lives up it's name. The X10 was touted as the best designed and toughest predator every made, but when it was released, many customers were shocked by the quality, it had poorly fitted parts and there's a little hole that's drilled on top of the front gearbox, spur gear teeth chipped and broke easily, car was fragile and still couldn't handle big jumps...i was one of many who was so pysched up when i saw pics of the X10 on TTech's website but when i got it, it was a different story altogether...I just hope the X11 will deliver and not be another lemon like the X10....
Old 06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Guys for all the great input

I have made my decesion, I am going to go with the Losi XXX-4

Probably because I have 10 or more stick packs lying around and hate the saddle pack design of the Cyclone D4.

It seems that losi make great stuff.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Good, enjoy your XXX-4. It is a fun car to drive and race. Make sure that you immediately upgrade the front pivot to alumium though as this part is prone to breaking alot. Also, you have the option to convert this buggy to an Xfactory X-5 later if you desire. Have fun.