Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Some Help Please!!!

OK, I put ina new piston and sleeve in my rc10gt. After I put it in, I couldn't get it to start. I took it to my LHS and they fooled with it. after a while it sounded like it wanted to start, and the guy sent me home saying to keep trying and it should start. Well, after 2 days of trying, it wouldn't start. I took it back and another guy said there was a leek some where with the fuel. so I replaced the tank and the lines. Now it will start, but the carburater needs to be full open, then it will dye. I have no idea. Any suggestions would be helpful. The engine is an O.S. .12, it's a bump start also. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

you'll have to break it in ofcourse but try adjusting the needle on it and see wat happens,richen it up basically
Old 04-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Well, I've messed with the needles a little bit, and it has started. BUT, it won't stay started, and it will only start when it feels like it. Any other suggestions besides a NEW motor?
Old 04-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow

the first thing you need to do is set the needles to the factory setting which should be shown in the instruction for your engine. then start it up.

the engine will be really rich and this is when you break it in. if you haven't broken it in go to the www.rccaraction.com to get some really good instructions.

during the break in process and when the needles are rich it is extremely hard to keep it running.

blip the throttle a lot. that makes it so the engine won't flood and it will keep running.

if youve got it broken in lean out the low end needle a little at a time. when you pinch the line to the carburator it should run for about 3-5 more seconds and die out.

hope this helps
jake
Old 04-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Initiate

OK, I got this truck from a freind who got it from ebay, he bought a new one rom the LHS before he got this one in the mail. The manual didn't come with it.

I have an update tho. I can now get it started. The thing is tho, i have to keep the back end elevated or it will die. Then, if i stop the wheels, it dies. And it will only start with the carb at full open. After i get it started, i go to close the carb to around the idle position and it dies as soon as i move the carb. Any good insight would be helpful as to what i should do.
Old 04-13-2003, 03:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Make sure you didn't install the piston backwards.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

How in the hell would you put the piston in backwards? You can't even put it in upside with noticing something is wrong. Now, the sleeve can be put in backwards, but i made sure that the notch and the pin were aligned and they are as i already checked that.

I was a my LHS and i asked a few questions. I was advised to replace the shoes and the bell or what ever it was called. So I did. It started right up and sat at idle for quite a while. The only problem now is, when i go to ope the carb up, it doesn't accelerate any. I guess I got some more messing with the needles to do
Old 04-13-2003, 08:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You could put the piston in backwards by putting in the notch in the bottom on the exhaust port side. K?
Old 04-15-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for that bit of info. I don't think the piston is backwards, as i was able to start it earlier today. It would sit there for a while, unless i closed the carb too much, then it would die. BUT, it idles very irratic. It'll go afst then slow, then fast and so on. Going by what i havbe read, it sounds like it is too lean, and i have to adjust the low speed screw. But, which way do I want to turn it?
Old 04-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Suspended

Have fun.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

turn it counter clockwise to richen