i have a revo and need to make it a race revo what do i need

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:12 PM
kyosho_driver

Default i have a revo and need to make it a race revo what do i need

what do i need thanks. its a 2.5 i have no money limit

Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure of you're experience, but foreward only conversion and a good FM 75mhz radioare a good start, getting rid of the ez start and going to bump starter will be good as well. Thats pretty much all that is needed to race, the rest will be setup for your race
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure of you're experience, but foreward only conversion and a good FM 75mhz radioare a good start, getting rid of the ez start and going to bump starter will be good as well. Thats pretty much all that is needed to race, the rest will be setup for your race track.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't own a Revo, but you need the Center Diff Kit, along with the Rear Brake Kit, and some 40 series tires. Get rid of all the heavy crap like the EZ Start and get the forward only kit. That should be a good starting place.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

^^^ X2 ^^^

The center diff, the break kit, different tires but be carefull. Only Revo specific wheels will fit a Revo, the T max wheels will not.

I just made that mistake and had to beg tower to take the return.

Loose the ez start to save weight, get a good radio and up grade the steering cervos to ones that have higher torque - it is a 10lb truck.
You dont have to go crazy with the cervos or do a single cervo conversion. I upgraded both of mine for less that $100. The Stock ones have 80 oz of torque so any thing over that would be an improvement.

Put the rear springs on the front shocks, and buy #24 springs for the rear to stiffen the suspention just a little to help with the body roll, and increase the weight of the shock oil, slightly. And as it says in the manual, put it at the lower ride height for greater stability.

Other than that, unless you want to get the 3.3 or other engine, thats about it.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho_driver
what do i need thanks. its a 2.5 i have no money limit
if you still have the 2.5 engine get rid of it and get an os 18tm these engines rock, or and 18tz. i would do the one steering servo much better steering and no binding like that either, and of course a good radio preferably spektrum, and get rid of the ezstart and all that too much weight! i ran the 3.8 hurricane wheels with panther pythons, orange springs in the front and gold in the back, very good setup. good luck! and the FOC is a must also.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if you go center diff wont he need the longer chassis? i have a revo but i doubt i mess with it for racing you can get real expensive real quick with one lol
Old 05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
kyosho_driver

this is what i bought so far
http://www.teknorc.com/product_info...products_id=490
with the dezert rat bodie no motor the stock chassis

this http://www.teknorc.com/product_info...&products_id=48

this http://www.teknorc.com/product_info...&products_id=28

this http://www.teknorc.com/product_info...&products_id=35

and i know that rb has a motor that people use but i dont know what it is and what ever else i need tell me

Old 05-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

www.rbproducts.com there are 3 engines specific course a couple others can be made to fit too
Old 05-23-2007, 02:47 PM
kyosho_driver

what motor should i put in my revo the rb tm 523 or the rb tm323 what ever else i need please tell me

Old 05-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

i would go the 323 but just depends on how fast you want it
Old 05-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T
^^^ X2 ^^^

Only Revo specific wheels will fit a Revo, the T max wheels will not.
Actually they will work but may rub occasionally on the hubs. We verified this through race testing with an almost box stock 2.5 Revo using proline bowties. We encountered ZERO issues with this at a major 2 day offroad race. The 1/2" offset wheels shouldn't rub at any time. And yes, I am referring to a standard maxx size wheel, not 40's.

Also-
Don't be too tempted to make multiple changes right from the start. The Revo is a very good truck out of the box for racing. There is alot of technology built into this truck from the factory. If you are going to run the stock chassis for now there is one change which I highly recommend and that is the Traxxas VLA control arms for the rear. These will allow you to add either 10 or 19mm to the wheelbase of the truck, therefore making it more stable and less likely to wheelie under power . Also pick up a 14t clutchbell and a 40t spur. Depending on your track size this will help the bottom end snap and get the rpm's in the proper range for optimum on track performance. Install a good quality radio system and high torque servo, set the control arms at level, use the proper tires for your surface and have fun!

Last edited by nitrotruckn; 05-23-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
kyosho_driver

Originally Posted by nitrotruckn
Actually they will work but may rub occasionally on the hubs. We verified this through race testing with an almost box stock 2.5 Revo using proline bowties. We encountered ZERO issues with this at a major 2 day offroad race. The 1/2" offset wheels shouldn't rub at any time. And yes, I am referring to a standard maxx size wheel, not 40's.

Also-
Don't be too tempted to make multiple changes right from the start. The Revo is a very good truck out of the box for racing. There is alot of technology built into this truck from the factory. If you are going to run the stock chassis for now there is one change which I highly recommend and that is the Traxxas VLA control arms for the rear. These will allow you to add either 10 or 19mm to the wheelbase of the truck, therefore making it more stable and less likely to wheelie under power . Also pick up a 14t clutchbell and a 40t spur. Depending on your track size this will help the bottom end snap and get the rpm's in the proper range for optimum on track performance. Install a good quality radio system and high torque servo, set the control arms at level, use the proper tires for your surface and have fun!
i have the 1/2 offset wheels with chrime firghters i think i might go with the 523 beacous it is more powerful and i can keep up or maby just blow right past them

Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

biggest motor rarely wins anything but a drag race lol but you can always detune as what i do with my c6
Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroveins
if you still have the 2.5 engine get rid of it and get an os 18tm these engines rock, or and 18tz. i would do the one steering servo much better steering and no binding like that either, and of course a good radio preferably spektrum, and get rid of the ezstart and all that too much weight! i ran the 3.8 hurricane wheels with panther pythons, orange springs in the front and gold in the back, very good setup. good luck! and the FOC is a must also.
When I had my race Revo, that's the motor and spring combo I used with 50wt. oil. A quickturn oneway is another useful thing instead of a center diff and brake combo. Less hassle. One high torque servo suck as the Airtronics 358 or 359 would be a great idea also with the proline servo arm. Good luck and have fun with it. Also check out the traxxas website and go to the Revo section, lot's of good info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.