Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use Nomadio Radios

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Anyone use Nomadio Radios

I been looking at the Nomadio Sensor radio. Has anyone used or still use this radio. Do you like it? What is the pros and cons of this radio compare to other high end radios? TIA John
Old 05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got the Nomadio React a few weeks ago and so far I'm really happy with it. Their customer support is excellent as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I used the Sensor last year, have the React now. I loved my Sensor. One of the big selling points when they first released it was the ergonomic design. Mine was super comfortable. I now use the React, which isn't quite the same ergonomically, but is much lighter, and less expensive. The Sensor comes with the Tx and transceiver (Rx), three sensors...a tach/RPM, a voltage, and a temp sensor as well as a CD rom for RC Desktop, and the USB cable.The React does not include the sensors or a CD. The React Desktop is available online and the paperwork included in the box has the link.Customer service is absolutely second to none . If you have a problem, they have their own forum at www.nomadio.net/support . You can look for tips to help you on your own, or if you email [email protected] , Scott will either reply or even call you very quickly. They also have Team 007 chat meetings weekly. Normally, these are strictly for Team 007 members, but every once in a while they open the chat up to anyone. Every Monday evening, 9 PM E.S.T.Here we discuss product features, current ones as well as things we'd like to see.
One last note, while the React does not come with any sensors, Team members have a "coupon" code that you would use when you register your React. Once registration is complete, you will receive a free Temp Sensor. I am currently having problems with my cpu and can not get my code to anyone, but I can contact other members or if you look elsewhere on this forum you'll see some one else's code is posted.
As for performance differences - The Sensor was more comfortable and was way quicker response wise than what I used previously. The React is much lighter, which is huge when running long mains. Also...the React feels sooo much quicker than anything I have used in the past, even the Sensor...I feel more connected to my car and can respond better. I don't know how to explain this, but if you're in the CT area, feel free to look me up. I'll gladly let you test drive my React. Even if you're not, there's bound to be a Team 007 member nearby you as willing as I, to lend you their React or Sensor if they have one
Old 05-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

This picture was from a racer that had one at the race we were at this weekend that the wheel fell off of!

Read the message on the tape!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

now that is funny hahah stupid radios. thats what happens when you make a radio weigh in at 2oz's. you always sacrifice strength for weight IMO.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KForce
now that is funny hahah stupid radios. thats what happens when you make a radio weigh in at 2oz's. you always sacrifice strength for weight IMO.
Who would keep their 400+dollar radio on the edge of a table? I use a nomadio sensor and love it. I am using it on my Losi 8T, Jammin crt.5 revo 3.3 and my electric revo gorilla truck
Old 05-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crazyjr
Who would keep their 400+dollar radio on the edge of a table? I use a nomadio sensor and love it. I am using it on my Losi 8T, Jammin crt.5 revo 3.3 and my electric revo gorilla truck
Even funnier is who would spend 400+ dollars for one of those radios?

Now I don't care who you are, that was funny!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by crazyjr
I dont think the owner droped the radio... It broke while driving...

Now my M-11 has been through tough times and the wheel hasnt fallen off yet
Old 05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

So that's not what they mean when they say "drive it 'til the wheels fall off"...

I think the React is a good value and the free temp sensor makes it even better.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crcrw
I been looking at the Nomadio Sensor radio. Has anyone used or still use this radio. Do you like it? What is the pros and cons of this radio compare to other high end radios? TIA John

no
Old 05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, I own a REACT and I have to agree with the strength to weight argument. I always feel like I could break it if I squeeze the trigger to hard or if I turn the wheel to abruptly. It is very easy to twist the steering wheel, it feels as if it could be sheared off easily .
Old 05-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

I have both the Sensor and the React and I'm very happy with both... This is the first non futaba radio I've used...
Old 05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by martinracing

Thats because it not only looks like a basement block it feels like one too. Nomadio has the BEST customer support and I bet they fix it right away for you. I bought my react used and they fixed the battery terminal when it came loose for free. no questions asked.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by martinracing

This is what the owner's reply was after he was asked about dropping the radio:

Originally Posted by Dissatisfied Nomadio Radio Owner
Oh no, never been dropped (honestly), and it is transported in a padded case to protect it at all times. The plastic is total garbage that they used, the wheel itseft has dozens of cracks all over when you get it brand new. They just fall off at any given time, two races before this one, a wheel fell off DURING the main and I had to try and line the cracks up and drive at the same time....so maybe I should practice without a wheel.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Craps, I can't stop laughing.. that's really funny!! Thanks for the humor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.