which 4wd to get???XXX4 or Mr4bc2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which 4wd to get???XXX4 or Mr4bc2

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

I think I would skip the graphite. Vulnerable parts are too fragile (brittle) and I believe you get a bit more traction with the plastic chassis' flex.

Must have the threaded shocks, Backbones from PRP, Delrin Front arms from www.DPMRacing.com (my company, hehe!).

http://www.team-orion.ch/global/global_news.asp?id=1681

Don't bother with the one way unless you have a very high traction track and don't mind breaking more parts. Also, go for the trinity outdrive savers. Those get expensive at $13 a pair from Losi.

Durango looks nice, but parts availability, price ($1200, ouch) would keep me away.

dennis
Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

XXX4 is awesome. Yokomo is working on a new car though. Might be a good idea and wait a bit to see.

A friend of mine is sponsored by Yok USA and he told me that it will be a shaft drive car.

If you go to the yokomo site, there is some pics of a really cool Yokomo car that you can build yourself. It might be a bit costly though. But worth checking out. That car happens to be my friends car. If you need more info about it, I might be able to get you in contact with him.

Sean Sanchez

A.K.A. the real Orange that was banned from Trinity site.

Ernie is a d..... you fill in the blank!!
Old 04-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

You talking about the SS car? The white carbon fiber car? Yeah, that new car rocks. If Schumacher dosnt get the parts thing down, I may be forced to switch. I dont want to but, you gotta have your supplies.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Durango

Where can i get some information on this car?
Old 04-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default durango?you are loaded....

Salutations earthling omalley!
if you/re seriously considering the durango....
well, it is ONLY available straight from the manufacturer.
chk out their web site:
http://www.durango.rc10.de/v2/eng/
the car alone is :USD$1,196.92
and if you want a centre 1 way shaft add:USD$70.79
excluding shipping!
this is the most expensive off road 4wd in the world!
wait till you break parts.......
you could buy 2 of any other 4wd with a little hoard of parts with that price....
if you decide for option 2,could i have the other buggy?
pretty please?tee hee
-FP
Old 04-19-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Get the Losi XXX-4!! I have heard nothing but great things about it although I don't have mine yet I would still recomend it for a 4wd buggy.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Regular

Just so you guys know, straight from Masami at the Losi Champs - The Yokomo shaft drive offroad car will not be produced, too many drive train problems in testing and not enough market in Japan to warrant fixing them.

Masami's Yok was definitely holding him back at the race. He looked like he was waiting on the car all the time. He did finally get a decent setup on the car for the last A main but only won that because Hodaps ESC blew up on the last lap.

The Durango's look very good but expensive and you still have to deal with Shumacher parts availability issues due to the fact that is uses Schuie Cat3000 suspension mated to TC3 drivetrain.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Seems like no one is really willing to put any effort into the 4wd class even though it is probably the most fun/easy to drive.

I keep hearing that the shaft 4wd will twist in the air if you add throttle, say to get the nose up.

Any truth to that?

Can't imagine anyone actually buying the Durango. For that cost I'd rather get an 1/8 buggy complete setup!
Old 04-22-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Default thats a damned shame!

Salutations Earthlings!
hot diggily! and there i was, hoping that yokomo will come up with a new buggy.
i was hoping for that or a 4wd based on tamiya's evo3 chassis.
it seems unlikely now.
oh well, it would have been rather interesting, i guess.
you're right about the durango though, for that price, i can easily get an excellent 1/8th buggy with a fantastic engine plus extras...
i think the world champs will be dominated by losi.
no one can come close now.
for that matter, so will club races all over the states.
i mean ,who CAN afford<or want to> a durango?
the cat3000 may be good in europe where they race "off road" but here in asia and in the states, the tracks are supercross style.
i'm not sure if it'll make it....
-FP
Old 04-22-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by tallyrc
word is now that he ran a mid motor belt car, so it may have been a mr4 bc2 or proto
The New Mid engine Prototype that Masami is running is based of of a MX-4 but it has alot of parts off the MR-4BC also .. I have about 10 pic's of it in the New RC World magazine...but they say that it's still in testing stages.?
-Dave
Old 04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

Default still the MX4...

Salutations Earthlings!
seems the MX4 chassis still rules.
i guess belt drive does allow some slack in the tranny, making it easier to drive.
there was a 2wd made using yokomo parts some years back :
viteq symbiosis or some other...
interesting design but the designer couldn't find a manufacturor for it.
it'll be great if yokomo also makes a 2wd..... but associated would probably get miffed.
-FP
btw, has anyone used a tamiya dyna storm before, and if you have, what's it like? does it ....erm....suck?
Old 04-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi XX4

Go with the Losi....We where at the warm up race for the worlds. And those things where fast. The Durango's could move too but they better at that price. AE is in the stages of developing a four wheel drive. That may be a year though since they are working on getting the Monster out.

On the losi web site they even stated taht they had preakage issues and have Shipped out NEW replacement parts for the front end.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

The B4 Stealth is 2WD.
Old 04-23-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Masami's 4wd

It is a bit strange whats going on with Yokomo and their 4wd buggies at the moment. The car that Masami is running is a MX4 mid motor conversion (I think...), a conversion kit came out a while ago. The differences between the MR4BC and MX4 are relatively minor, the MX4 has a slight longer wheelbase but the suspension arms, bulkheads, drivetrains and shock towers are pretty similar. You can see the mid drive conversion for the MX4 at this site under new products.
http://www.teamyokomo.com/ymp/

Yeah it would be cool if Yokomo came out with a shaft drive buggy. I haven't drive a shaft drive buggy myself but I did see a Tenth Tech Predator at a track once and didn't notice any twisting in the air.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah, The Zero V Extreme says hello to you when you turn it on. It scrolls across the screen. Other than the "trick, hi tech" look of the keyence, its has the built in "Pit wizard" type software in it. So no extra tools needed to tune your ESC. The ON resistence is the lowest in the world also. The zero extreme feels so much smoother compared to the c2 and SR models I have used in the past. I give the Zero Extreme a A+!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.