Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
trinity drake or OS speed vspec WC >

trinity drake or OS speed vspec WC

trinity drake or OS speed vspec WC

Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default trinity drake or OS speed vspec WC

well need to buy a new engine, can't make up my mind which one to get so maybe other folk can help me out love the OS but i really do not want spend that much on a pipe.

trinity drake platinum or OS speed vspec?

thoughts also if you used either engine.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Your spending that much money on an engine and your worried about the price of the pipe?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

yep i have had bad luck with pipes in the recent past. plus it would not hurt knowing what other pipes do work well.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

werks b7pro good price runs with speed
Old 05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

if you get a speed the only pipe for that thing is the OS 2060SC. got mine from the LHS for 105.00

kyle
Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

hmm ok thanks. guess the v-spec gets dropped on price alone if i include the pipe.

any thoughts on the drake platinums?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

never had one so really can't comment on it. i have seen a few run. they are picco based engines which i don't really like so....

kyle
Old 05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Rookie

I had my first race with my Platinum Drake this weekend and I really liked it. I am still running it on the rich side but it ran very well and cleared everything on the track with ease and was very smooth. I think that you will be happy with either one you choose I just didnt want to have to start buying turbo plugs (personal prefrence).
Old 05-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

try looking at the ninja line. great engines at a decent price.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't care what anyone says, I run my Go Tech 5 port ($187.50 shipped to my door fron A-Main) against all the hottest over priced motors on the market and no one has an advantage over me. Oh, BTW, I use a cheap ass Sportwerks HT pipe. Piss away your money if you think you must but it won't give you any advantage.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

i'm almost tempted to buy a OS modified VG, yeah i know but i have heard only good things about this engine. either the hot mods or CEO one, any ideas?

other end of the scale dollar wise but hey, i was a bit withdrawn about spending 500.00 on a engine also.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Buy the Hot mod econo novarossi...
It screams..
Old 05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

I run the Drake Platinum motors, and I'm really happy with them. Maybe not the reputation for Novarossi brutal horsepower, or O.S. fuel mileage, but they run great, are fast while maintaining driveability, and will run with the best any of the other manufacturers have to offer. The stock carb is awesome, the engine holds up well, and you'd be hard pressed to come up with a legit complaint about it.

I've been running the Jammin' JP-1, which is a great pipe for all engines and works very well with the Trinity motors. Lots of power, and really tough!
Old 05-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
I run the Drake Platinum motors, and I'm really happy with them. Maybe not the reputation for Novarossi brutal horsepower, or O.S. fuel mileage, but they run great, are fast while maintaining driveability, and will run with the best any of the other manufacturers have to offer. The stock carb is awesome, the engine holds up well, and you'd be hard pressed to come up with a legit complaint about it.

I've been running the Jammin' JP-1, which is a great pipe for all engines and works very well with the Trinity motors. Lots of power, and really tough!
good to hear an honest opinion Aaron
Old 05-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

I was wondering it you are running 20% or 30%. I have the draked motor and it says in the instructions to shim it for 30%

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.