R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-10-2007, 04:46 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Tmaxx 3.3 vs. Revo 3.3....

Any significant differences? Also, I know what the website says, but would these be ok for a newbie to Nitro RC interested in just running around yard, up and down street and local park??
MCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

This may sound like the least techincal reply, but I am recently re- newed into the sport. I bought a Revo 3.3 about 3 weeks ago and my friend has a T-Max.

Not just because I own it, but I like the Revo better than his T-Max. I used it on the track twice and it does well, (I'm still a nitro rookie and cant drive, ha ha) I bought it mostly for goofing around with at the house and in the grass and dirt.

On the road it handles decent, and great off road. With the way that I drive, the Revo flips over less and has a better stance. It seems to be more of a sport truck than a monster truck.

So far I have stiffened the spring rates. I put the #20 green springs from the rear on to the front and installed the #24 tan springs on the rear, which stiffins it up just a little bit, up from the #16.4 and #20 rear. It handles much better on and off road with less body roll and noze diving when breaking.

The electronics are ok, and I am in the process of researching a replacement for the radio, then possibly the steering cervos.

Hope that helps from a non techinical guy.
OG RC 10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:48 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Easy. Revo. The T-Maxx was great for it's day, but it's day was a long time ago. The Revo is great by today's standards.
SpeedPassion, SpeedPower, ProLine Racing
Losi 8ight, Losi SCTE, AE SC10, AE RC10T4, Kyosho IGT
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote