Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Associated Rc10 Gt Factory Team, What Engine Fits?? >

Associated Rc10 Gt Factory Team, What Engine Fits??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello all you r.c. fanatics! I was hoping some one could
inform me on what engine's can be installed on the RC10 GT FACTORY TEAM KIT?? Can anybody tell me If the new Traxxas
2.5 engine could be installed on this Associated Kit?? And if it can how to do it. Also Was wondering what other engine options
I have for the RC10 GT factory team kit besides the associated engines??
If anybody can help me out I would really
appreciate it, Thanks
richelbmw
Old 04-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

they recomend a OS 12 cvx, its a good cheap engine for its price but a great engine
Old 04-11-2003, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The OS .12CVX is a bit outdated actually. You should be able to fit any .12 or .15 small block engine in there. The main problem with the new engines is a lot of them have a pilot shaft, and you need a threaded crank. Most companies do make a threaded crank, they are just a bit harder to find, you may have to special order one. If they say it wont fit on the RC10GT, that just means you need to cut down the threads on the crank, the GT will only use about 1/2 of the threaded part you started with.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I've got the O.S. .12 on mine. I can't tell ya how i like it cause i got the trunk from ebay and i had to put in a new piston and sleeve. and i can't get the thing to keep running. I've replaced all the fuel lines and the tank. I don't know. There is one company that say's their .21 motor will fit, but i can't recall what it was. I'll try and find it for ya.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb What about the 2.5 traxxas ??

I know O.S. makes some really nice engines, but my younger brother recently got the T-Maxx with the the Traxxas 2.5cc , .15 nitro engine on it, and boy that thing is fast!
What do you guys know about the 2.5 Traxxas engine? Is it a good engine for the RC10 GT ST? I was looking at the prices in a couple of LHS's and also on the net. I saw the 2.5 advertised for around $100 frogskins! I think that's hella cheap ,for a small block engine that holds it's own against some .21's.
What do you people think about the 2.5 engine? Will it fit on the Associated RC10 GT ?? If not , can it be modified to fit on the RC10 GT ? Well hope to hear from you soon, and see you at the races on sunday......
richelbmw
Old 04-12-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow

hey, i got the FT GT

Im not sure but i don't think the 2.5 will fit

I would recomend the Fantom engines.
Fantom Racing
I just got my FR12 and its wicked crazy
they claim its got 1.15 hp and that easily competable with really expensive top of the line italian engines like sirio and stuff
Its crazy cheap to,
go to stormerhobbies.com and they got it for $140

you will need a dremel tool to cut the shaft but its quite easy if you follow the instructions

have fun with ur GT
jake
Old 04-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I put an MT 12 in my GT and it's way fast,I think the trx 2.5 would fit..but I'm not sure about the starter system..
Old 04-14-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If your interessted in putting a .21 in a GT hit the www on my post and ask daddy how it's done.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

HPI .12 EVO or something will fit. 1.25 HP
Old 04-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im using an O.S. CVR(S) which is the short shaft already the proper size for the gt. It is rated at 1hp and it hauls ace!! Tower has them for under $100.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I just read the R/C car action magazine and there is a large article on engines in it, and the TRX 2.5 was in there, and it says that the 2.5 fits the RC10GT. Im hoping that it does fit without any major problems becuase I'd love to put the 2.5 in my GT and go bashing around with that!
Old 04-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Well.... IMHO the O.S. engine isn't a beginner engine. Tough to tune, doesn't like to hold a tune and can be very, very punchy.

I myself use a STS stock version .12MT rated @ 1.35 HP. For $125.00 you cannot beat this engine!! Puts a O.S. .15, Fantom FR 12 and have even put a .21 GS Storm behind it. This is the first engine that I have ever used or heard of that when run to lean, shuts off....like someone reached in and hit the key. I've got about a gallon thru mine, and it runs awesome around the 270 degree range on a hot summer nite. For what I have spent in O.S. in the past.... this one engine has paid for itself time and again. Here's a link to look at some of the craftsmanship; STS Racing