Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
i flew my jammin truggy at least 12ft high... >

i flew my jammin truggy at least 12ft high...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

i flew my jammin truggy at least 12ft high...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default i flew my jammin truggy at least 12ft high...

and when it landed, the Rx switch turned to the OFF position!!! wth?! how can that much impact flip a switch... that's rediculous. it's a good thing throttle was at idle position.....

any suggestions out there on how to get this fixed? the switch is being sat on stock vertical position inside the Rx/Batt tray and i also reversed the switch position so the car wont flip to off (UP) if something hits the switch from underneath (off position is now DOWN)
Old 05-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

flip the switch around so you flip it down to turn it on.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

...or hardwire it so you have to plug in the batts to turn it on.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
flip the switch around so you flip it down to turn it on.
things can cause the switch to flip UP more easier than DOWN. that's why its set up this way with the ON position UP so it can stay that way. i just find it hard to say that high impact can flip the switch back DOWN to OFF unless someone has had the same experience as i did

hardwiring is a good idea and have been thought of before... i guess most people do it?

Last edited by chubby; 05-07-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That is a somewhat common occurance. I did it once myself thinking it was far more likely I would land on something sticking up that would push the switch up turning it off. I was wrong and found out the hard way. Mount the switch so on is down and you'll be fine.

Its hard to understand how hard these things land. Ive heard of people on their 8ights making marks from their clutch bell on the tank but as hard as I could bend mine I could never come anywhere close. These things take a serious beating when landing off big jumps.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

chubby - Like others have said, the switch is much more likely to get flipped down, than up. Considering that you SHOULD be landing on your wheels, the impact will push the switch down. Now if you're landing upside more often than right-side up, then it's a different story...haha.

You shouldn't really have to worry about anything hitting the switch and pushing it up. It's tucked away pretty well.

Also, for extra insurance, you can mount a piece of lexan to one of the switch mount screws, cut into shape that when swung into place, will hold the switch in the on-position, like this (it keeps changing the spacing, so it might look weird):

___| |<-- the switch will go right here, which will hold it into place.
| ___|
|_| <-- drill a small hole here to mount it to one of the screws.

Of course, you'll have to swing it out of the way to turn the switch off, but it's much more convenient than running no switch and having to plug and un-plug your receiver pack all the time.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chubby
and when it landed, the Rx switch turned to the OFF position!!! wth?! how can that much impact flip a switch... that's rediculous. it's a good thing throttle was at idle position.....

any suggestions out there on how to get this fixed? the switch is being sat on stock vertical position inside the Rx/Batt tray and i also reversed the switch position so the car wont flip to off (UP) if something hits the switch from underneath (off position is now DOWN)
lol
i had the same think happen in my mugen truggy last year and it went probally 1/4-1/2 of a mile full thottle....
Old 05-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i had the same problem with my jammin truggy, like everyone else said just flip the switch and all HOPEFULLY is fixed...
Old 05-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foolio
...or hardwire it so you have to plug in the batts to turn it on.

this is what a lot of people do... see it alot in 1/8 scale buggy.... I do this also... have not had a problem with this yet.....
Old 05-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Or you could just use this instead...
http://nexusracing.net/product_info....f72b58b5f357fa
It won't turn off unless you turn it off...
Remove your battery after use as with anything hooked up to a battery sometimes they can still draw power and leave ya with a dead pack..LOL

I just disconnect when I clean the truggy after a race...
-Shookie <><