R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
Super Moderator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Originally Posted by slopo View Post
Cool. Thanks. Is there a spacer between the rear bulkhead and rear shock tower like on the LXT? Also what size/type of screws are used on it? I'm assuming flat head, but not sure of the exact size.
Yes, the SE uses the ~rectangular hollow spacer (A-2024) that goes between the rear tower and bulkhead. 4-40 x ˝ flatheads on the top, 4-40 x ˝ socket heads on the bottom. Similar to a LXT, except it uses all flatheads. The Jrx-Pro manual will show this on figure 2 on page 1 (which is kinda like page 4 if you count the cover and table of contents)

Mytimac is I believe referring to the cylindrical spacer that could go between the molded chassis and the bulkhead if you want the long wheelbase option. Using the rear set of holes on the molded chassis. 4-40 x 3/8 socket head normally, 5/8 if you go long. Typically only used on the truck, and even then not always, depending on track and driving style.

And the larger bottom chassis screws are 8-32, not 10-32. Well, at least if you haven’t mucked it up! ˝ long. Aluminum to start with, but then they went to steel for the rear pivot/tranny mounting. Also smaller 4-40 x 3/8 flatheads are used in the front of the bulkhead around the battery section.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions. These are some of my fav Losis! After the 5 links of course...

Last edited by Dave H; 10-07-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Perfect. Thank you. Just dusted off the old collection and started some rebuilds. I think I raced my Pro SE for over a year without that part. I was rebuilding my LXT and it dawned on me. LOL.
slopo is offline   Reply With Quote