Wiki Posts
Search

Werks B3 with a B7 crank?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Werks B3 with a B7 crank?

Ive been running the Werks teamline B7 for the last 6 gallons and have loved the power it produces. Unfortunatly, it is now tired and in need of a pinch. The bearing are still good conrod good, no scaring on the piston or sleeve.

I ran to the LHS and picked up a TL B3 since the B7 pro is back ordered. I went ahead and put the B7 carb on it, since the B3 carb was stiff on the slide. Im wondering now what I would gain if anything if I stuck the B7 crank in the B3.

The B7 crank looks to have some modding work done to it while the B3 crank is still solid nothing cut or teardroped. What performance increases if any would I gain?

If it matters Im running the 2013 pipe with smooth bend manifold...
Old 04-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The B7 crank has different timeing than that of the B3. In a nutshell running the B7 crank in a B3 will shift the power band up. Reduction in low end, increase in mid and high. It's a simple and easy mod that makes the engine more suitable for medium to large outdoor tracks. On a side note you mentioned that you had 6+ gallons on the B7. Make sure that you check the crank pin on the old crank to make sure that it is not out of round before you do the swap. If you have any other specific questions feel free to contact us at the office.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Now that is good customer service. Respect