Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
T4 factory team vs. Tl mf2 >

T4 factory team vs. Tl mf2

T4 factory team vs. Tl mf2

Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default T4 factory team vs. Tl mf2

hey guys, im looking to build a offroad elec. truck. but im stuck between the associated t4 ft or the mf2. which one do u feel is better? more reliable? better for racing? etc. thanks!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

They are both equaly fast. If you are coming from a 4wd class then I would go with the losi, if your coming from a 2wd class then go with the associated. I guess the simple way to put it is that the losi is more forgiving and the losi is more agresive, they are both very fast though.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default T4 vs MF2

I have had both trucks and would not go back to Losi....the diff sucks...the associated is bullet proof just rebuild the shocks when needed. The FTT4 feels more aggresive than the MF2...just my .02 cents.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

both are good only way one is "better" is dependant on the style of driver you are. if you like slaming a vehicle around get the losi if you like crisp movements get a t4
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mate I'd go with the Associated. They are indestructable. And perform great.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

im looking to do some racing. so aggresiveness is deffinitly a plus. so it seems the t4 has more in that department. what motors do you suggest. i havent decided on what turn, whats a reliable but quick motor? i have been looking at the checkpoint money 19 t motor.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You really can't go wrong. I've had both, though I like the feel of the T4 better. The T4 is ridiculously easy to work on with the exception of the shocks. Losi shocks are easier to get right.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

dude...LOSI ALL THE WAY! mf2 has all the upgrade parts you'll need and is very durable. both cars are good choices but losi is soon to come out with there xxx-cr truck (baiscly the truck version of the xxx-cr buggy). i have no idea when it will come out tho. go with what ever you think is a good choice. if AE appeals to you, buy the T4. If losi appeals to you, Buy the mf2.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i see what your saying, i think its just on your preferance. i havent been to impressed with associated, so when i go to get one, i think its gonna be the matt francis 2 or i might just wait for the xxx-cr truck. that should be a track terror
Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

The new losis are honestly over rated. They should just sale the parts as tuning options for differant track conditions. They are all the same car and can all be set up to do the same thing as the last version. I would just pick up a mf2, because it is a well known platform and you know how it is going to perform.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

there is differences in the mf1 and mf2. yes, there both basicly the same truck, but with them have some differen't parts to them, they can handle differently.

my choice would either go with the mf2 and start raceing a.s.a.p. or wait a while (have no idea on how long) and pick up the cr truck.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

I'm pretty sure that everyone uses the same holes that the mf1 has when they set up their truck for the summer season. If they run the inner hole in the front then all it takes is a new front set of arms and hub carriers( like $15-20). Care to highlight other differances that actualy matter? All the parts are interchange able and all the setups are interchangeable. There is a reason the bk 1.5 exists. There are three tuning options which actualy do set them selves aside from the standard setups of those two cars though. You can run the shock tower off the standard xxx-t(the first plastic one) and it will help to absorb the blows of a blown out track and keep things from breaking when the car should be bottoming out but doesn't because of a rut so the shocks get jammed down and break the arms. Another is to put washers under the back of the rear pivot to provide more on power stearing. Another is to run the cr stearing block to give you more stearing if you actualy need it.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default t4

What is so hard about the shocks? Read the instructions and everything goes as described, easy. I've seen many broken chassis on losi and none on AE.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

If you build it properly and follow directions they are both great cars. They both have their weaknesses and both have their strengths. Just run which ever one is the most popular at your local track if you don't know your driving style. Other wise pick a losi if you have become acustom to point shoot driving and pick an associated if you have become acustomed to precise driving. Back yard bashing is point shoot driving.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am a fan of the T4, but if you hit stuff (who doesn't), be prepared to replace some front arms, especially if you are doing graphite arms. I have broken several sets of these, and usually the hits were wrecks with other vehicles. I switched back to the stock material arms and that helped alot. the graphite just wasn't as durable as say the losi stuff. Same with the B4 when I ran it.

But even with that issue, I would still take a T4 as it is the latest race spec from AE, and is cheaper than the MF2 which is probably going to be replaced here with the XXXTCR. I figure why spend the $250 or so they are asking for the MF2 if its going to be replaced in a bit. With the Factory Team T4, can be had for $200 and is just as good as the losi.

Both can be very fast in the right hands.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.