Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
hyper 7 PBS ride height question.. >

hyper 7 PBS ride height question..

hyper 7 PBS ride height question..

Old 04-08-2003, 06:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hyper 7 PBS ride height question..

hey.. i just got my new ofna hyper 7 pbs, and i havent even run it yet.. it's my first nitro r/c to begin with, so of course i'll have a few questions.. =)

when i was looking at it, i noticed that the buggy doesn't sit at it's max ride height.. lets say that from the floor to it's max ride height is 4 inches, well it rides at like 2.5 inches or so.. and it's pretty easy to push the chassis down to the floor.. i'm worried that the suspension isn't set correctly for jumping and stuff, and it'll get banged up if i start jumping..

is there a way to adjust the suspension to make the buggy ride higher, or is the default setting fine?

-jimmy
Old 04-08-2003, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If it rode at it's max height all the time, you would have no more down travel for dips etc. and you would also be tipping the thing over all the time. It's fine how it is, I actually lowered my T-Maxx from stock height.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Initiate

i was thinking that if i adjusted the suspension to ride higher, i would have more clearance and be able to go over higher grass and stuff.. but with it sitting higher, it does make sense that it would tip over easier, with the higher center of gravity..

it just concerns me when i press down on the front end of the buggy - i don't press hard at all, and the nose touches the floor.. makes me wonder what'll happen when i jump the thing 10 foot in the air and it hits the ground.. won't it smack the living shit out of the ground and mess the buggy up??
Old 04-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

I am not sure what springs the Hype PBS comes with, it could need stiffer springs. I believe a good starting point is to set it so your universals are level. Randman is right, you don't want your car "jacked up". The suspension needs to move to work. Check the ofna boards and set what springs folks are running.