Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR Ninja MR21 B01 engine exhaust recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default MR Ninja MR21 B01 engine exhaust recommendations

I'm currently running a MR Ninja MR21 B01 engine with a Jammin JP-3 pipe.

What are you guys running? What would you recommend for a short track?

Thanks
Old 12-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mine rips on the short track with a JP3. I've heard the best overall pipe is the 9853!

The ninja pipes and headers also do really well with great mileage!!

Lot's of good test results on this thread...

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...showtopic=5488
Old 12-22-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Spinall I'll backup the recomedation of any 053 pipe. A JP1 is also a good bet if finances are an issue. The Factory Ninja pipe is by far the smoothest powerband you'll get but it's kinda like the OS V-spec and a t-2050 pipe combo, awesome pair but pricey
Old 12-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Has anyone tried any of the Vantage carbon pipes?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

A friend of mine has one and he wasn't impressed with the power. Light as hell and pretty strong. They also make really WEIRD noises LOL

It was the one shapped like an 086 pipe (there top end version) and it didn't run near as good as cheap OFNA 086 knock off. They do look cool though
Old 12-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The ninja will rip any motor with any pipe!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I am looking at a Ninga for this year also, and will ost likely be putting the Ninga pipe with it. My question is, does the engine like the short or long manifold, or is the decision more geared toward track size?

If you put the short manifold on does the engine still have good bottom end?
Old 12-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

It’s more a matter of track size. The long manifold is more for the bottom end or short tracks. Short manifold for mid to high end and longer tracks.

I have a JP-3 pipe on mine but have been thinking of getting a 053 pipe with a long manifold. I think the Ninja pipe is a 053 pipe.

Hope this helps,

Alex
Old 12-30-2006, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Ninja pipe is labeled 2053, but it is not a 053 (or 9853 like the Novarossi pipes). The Ninja pipe is a 3-chamber design to be legal in Europe, while the 053 and 9853 pipes are a 2-chamber design. They are louder but make more power. I dynoed the Ninja with several pipe/header combos about a month or so ago. Need to get back up there to test a few more combos, but from what I tested, the 053 with short manifold made the best overall power. The Ninja pipe and short or long headers made less power. But I did run the NInja pipe on my MBX5T with the long header and it still ran great. The 12 minute run times were insane! Not sure I'd get as much run time with the 053, but I'd bet it would be still 10 minutes.

Dynamite makes a nice hard-coated one w/ header for like $52.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default dynamite 053

Well, as much as I hate to say it, I bought a dynamite 053 platinum yesterday, for kicks. I got it for like 40 bucks, NIP, took it straight home and put it on my 8ight with ninja bo1a. (Took of my jammin jp1).

And the results were... It Ripped. It increased the power all the way through the bands. I was hesitant to think the top end would be great, because the pipe has a U shaped header, but it was spectacular.

The new dynamite pipe IMHO is as good or better quality as the JP - x pipes. Im impressed, especially that they picked such a low price for a great product.

In short, though I think all the pipes are 'copies' of the other major brands.
(They make an 086, 053 and 007 or 777 which is like a JP-2) they rip.

I cant think of too many dynamite products I would put on my cars, but this ones great. Unfortunately they are on backorder from horizon, but I expect to see a lot of them on the track once the word gets out.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I got to run my Ninja B01 .21 in my MBX5T again yesterday at my local track. With the Ninja pipe and long header I was getting 12 minutes of run time. The 9853 showed the best results on the Dyno, but I didn't have one so I went with the MSR1005 pipe & header I had. We dynoed this pipe as well and it actually made the most peak Hp, but the bottom end and torque in the upper RPM range was not as good as the 9853. My guess is the 9853 would pull alot harder at the top-end with all the extra torque and it should be a bit smoother since the power curve on the dyno graph looked about as close to a rainbow as yuo can get....LOL

But the motor totally ripped in my truck yesterday. I had a few guys come up to me and ask me if I had it modded by EB Mods after we dynoed it, but it is totally stock except for a set of TKO ceramic bearings that we installed after the dyno runs. I'm supposedto go back up to EB mods to dyno the motor again using the same fuel and pipe to see how much of an improvement the bearings make but haven't made it up there yet.

As for run times, I was still getting about 11 minutes. I was #1 qualifier in the C-main and lead the entire race to bump to the B-main. The B-main was 10 minutes long and I wasn't going to pit at all. I went 8 minutes and 12 seconds before I hit a huge triple and smacked my tire on a huge truck tire in the corner and broke the plastic fail safe gear in my Airtronics 358 steering servo. But after checking the tank I had a good 1/2" of fuel left in the tank.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Mugen Bros!,,. for the past races ive been using the 2053 pipe/long pipe combo for my ninja...... but for this sunday,, we have another race and would like to ask u bros if for a big-highspeed-high jumps track that it would give me all the power and speed i need if i use my 2piece rb9886/short pipe combo?.... thankx all and go Mugen buggies!!!!!!!!