R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Yep as a kid I got an r/c(cheap) for my b'day 2 weeks later it crossed signals with my mates r/c and drove into the local lake...

Man one spewin kid. I didn't get another till 4 weeks ago (over 20yrs later).
DKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Not your typical runaway, but about 3 years ago I had a bit of an issue after a race meeting.

Following a comment of "I want a go."
I set my throttle epa so the car only just moved and gave the car to my 4 year old brother to play with.

He was in the middle of a football pitch, with a car that would have been stationary if it moved any slower. My dad was stood with him "supervising".

I left the two of them whilst I packed my stuff away.

A few minutes later I looked up. And saw my brother and my dad looking around but no sign of the car.

I asked my brother where it was. Being a typical 4 year old he didn't know and neither did my dad.

After about 10 minutes of almost the entire club searching, it was found well hidden in a ditch, underneath a hedge some 200m away.
dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
Tech Addict

A long time ago I had a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage nitro 2wd stadium truck... I had an am radio. The aluminum chassis brace crossed right over the top of the radio. Once it hit high rpm's what ever direction it was headed it was going to keep going untilit hit something. That sucked bad!!! I got it figured out tho. That was a long time ago... 13 years.
Warhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM   #19
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

At one time owned a HPI Nitro RS4 RTR, and in those days the RX battery was held in place with 1-ziptie on the outside, right next to the throttle servo, well I'll let you guess what happened comming out of a corner......She was about 3/4 wide open, well that is till hit a curb head on. I've never seen a plate chassis bend upward like that. I think thats why I stay away from nitro onroad now, always some sort of drama.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote