Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good starter Stadium Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

theres another place nearby that has some really cool tumpy bits. much easier on the car... and then i might enjoy trips to my grandparents
Old 05-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

the losi ran out of stock a week or so ago, and i have decided to go with the firestorm. the main reason over the rush is parts availability, as parts for the rush don't come cheap... and also because my dad will pay the difference between the rush and firestorm if i get good results in my exams (bribery )
Old 05-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Something to keep in mind.

With HPI at least, when something goes discontinued with them, the reports I have gotten are that you can be SOL with parts.

AE will keep making the stuff as long as its getting bought, and the RC10GT is not going away anytime even with the release of the GT2.

I personally would go with the GT2 if at all possible Unless HPI is fully supported by your LHS and parts are stocked on the shelves.

As for high jumps, etc. See about picking up a set of MT style treads like Imex Jdawgs or Moabs for trucks. That will give you extra cushion off of the really big jumps.

If you truly are going to beat the truck, some RPM front arms (for the GT2) are a must really and if they got a front bumper out now that will fit, put that on too.

So is truck racing in the UK big?
Old 05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default nitro

Is this your first R/C? Nitro is great but beware, it will give you a headache sometimes.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

i've had other RC's, nothing too brilliant (mostly borderline toy/hobby ), and i've never really raced. but i like tinkering (i spent 3 hours putting 2500mah ni-mh's in my phone today) and i think this will be good to start. the AE website says the GT is discontinued, and the GT2 is just too dear (£240 compared to £170 for the firestorm.)

here there isnt much racing going on, but most people seem to buy nitro MT's. i like to stand out from the croud though. i will ask at the shop when i go to buy fuel where the closest tracks are. the best i know of is an indoor mini carpet offroad track...
Old 07-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

just ordered the firestorm off modelsport! thanks for everyones advice

joe