Wiki Posts
Search

nitro off road racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default nitro off road racing

ok im thinking about getting back into racing. i used to race electric truck and 2wd buggy but that was about 6-7 years ago. i have a losi gtx (yes its old) and i want to race it. i have a peak diablo .15 engine in it. is there a engine size limit in 1/10 statdium truck and what types of things do you reccomend getting to help me out. and what about pitting in a nitro race. how does that work?

and now some other questions
What do you use to charge your reciever packs i bought a charger but it says it takes about 24 hours. how about chargers for glow ignitors. i got one but how long do i need to charge it for? what types of tires should i buy to race with.

sorry if thes questions are stupid
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

in most races 1/10 gas truck has a .12 engine limit, and even the ports are limited in ROAR, I plug my glow igntiers in the nigth before we go race, full 24 hours if it has been a long while, and then inbetween uses as well. all of my rx packs charge in about 5-6 hours, any decent digital peak charger would be fine, ro if oyu can pick up one of the traxxas chargers online (cheap on fleabay) they work great.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

welcome back to racing first. i would suggest going to your track one night to watch and ask what tires guys are using at your track. but hole shots and bow ties are pretty popular. hole shots even on the front too,or edges are another choice, but i use K2'2 from panther in super soft compound. as for your motor on a club night your .15 should be ok but ask your track about it. futaba sells a tx/rx charger that is 20 bucks so if you got rechargables in your radio it will charge those and your rx pack at the sametime. when im not running my cars there are plugged in always. same with the glow ignitors.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

so you just leave them plugged in while theyre not in use. also what about the 12 volt starter box battery i have a charger that came with that. should i just leave it plugged in and thanks for the help
Old 04-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if it's 12 volt just get a car battery it would hardley ever go flat then... only problem is the weight. would you lug it round?