Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
2007 ROAR Off-Road Nationals Discussion Thread @ ARCOR Raceway in Albuqureque, NM >

2007 ROAR Off-Road Nationals Discussion Thread @ ARCOR Raceway in Albuqureque, NM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 ROAR Off-Road Nationals Discussion Thread @ ARCOR Raceway in Albuqureque, NM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Your pit crew did a quick job on that. They might be able to get some side work.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

LOL yeah they did. It felt like 15 mins standing on the drivers stand waiting. That was probably the most fun race I've ran. Hope we run it again next year.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
There were a few pit stops to repair trucks, but it was pretty neat. Maifield's pitstop for a fresh right rear was cool.

I have a few pics and a couple really short videos to post up. Quality is ok, but it was good enough to see the magic smoke leave a wheeler lol.
Its was pretty cool. Got an awesome view of it from the drivers stand while waiting for repairs.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
Guess you didn't see Maifield's battery on Saturday after his run.
His dumping the battery allowed me to win that heat!

Hopefully the 2008 Electric Offroad Nats will be on the East Coast so I don't have to drive so far!!
Old 06-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Well I just returned from a great week in NM. For those of you who did not attend you all missed a great event. Between the ARCOR Club and ROAR the event was awesome. Entries were a little low but the racing was great and the track was very challenging. Hats off to Cavalieri, he was on the next level in the mains and deserved the 3 ROAR National Championships.

Our team ran great at the event. Truhe come out with a TQ in Modified Truck. Then 10 year old Dakotah Phend, holy crap. This kid is awesome! I could not believe his talent at such a young age. He was able to also pull off 3 National Championships this weekend for Losi in 2wd Stock, Truck Stock, and 19T 4wd. This gives Dakotah Phend 6 ROAR National Championships.

Congrats to all the winners this past weekend.

Thanks to ROAR and ARCOR for putting on such a great event! For those of you who may doubt ROAR, they are back and doing a great job putting on these National events.
It was great meeting you Todd and remember when you bring the team to the Farm in Charlotte to bring those li-po trucks there. We race them there all the time for 20 minutes.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jerry23
LOL yeah they did. It felt like 15 mins standing on the drivers stand waiting. That was probably the most fun race I've ran. Hope we run it again next year.
It was good to meet you Jerry and good to see the Tekin system performing well too! I am like you perfering the 20 minute race too!

How about those turnmarshalls bringing chairs out to sit on!!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

It was awesome meeting you as well Tim. I had such an awesome time at the races, I cant wait til I can make another big race like that. Dont think I'll be able to make the shoout-out at Hot Rod. Because I'm already in debt from the nats.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:26 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Todge and offroad? Thats old school
Too bad I did not race.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Shows you how much I pay attention.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by barclayrc
Which capacity was Mayfeld using and which Lipo ?
Maifield and I both ran two LRP 5000mAh/25C LiPo batteries wired in parallel. I unfortunately did not finish due to a motor problem, but Maifield ran strong the entire race. After testing his remaining capacity, he could have run at least 10 minutes more without having to drop his pace - which was nearly the same as with his 5-minute set-up.

The class seemed successful. I imagine that anyone watching was envious of the long race and very little required change in set-ups to be able to compete. Maifield did not practice, ran only a couple of qualifiers, and used his standard race truck to win.

I think this particular class will be one of the biggest next year. And we will always look back at this race as the new beginning of electric racing. Within 5years, al electric off-road classes will use LiPo batteries and feature extended main event lengths.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

I will whip up a copy of all the results tomorrow. The ROAR team met every morning at about 6:15am and I usually went to bed about 12:30am. I have to pick up Chad Due tonight at the airport at 12:30am, now that is a late flight.

The ARCOR crew is an awesome bunch, they did a great job. Nothing like leaving at the end of the day knowing everything will be perfect in the morning.

I think the RMT worked great again, Jimmy, Joe and Bob.

Congratulations to Ryan Cavalieri and Dakotah Phend, both won 3 classes. But Dakotah TQ'ed 2 classes, Ryan TQ'ed Mod Buggy.

I asked Ryan Cavalieri to take some pics with Dakotah after the races and he was more than happy too, very nice to see from somebody who probably just wanted to leave and go eat after a long day. Dakotah went into A3 of stock buggy needing a win and a good finishing time to win the tie breaker. I gave him a RC Scoring Pro sticker, and then he goes out and wins beating his best time by about 10 seconds. Coincidence ?

It was nice to see the variety on the podium: Losi, Associated, Kyosho and JConcepts.

I think if this race was earlier or later in the year the attendance would be better. I live in Wisconsin, and up here guys pack up their electric stuff at the end of April and run Nitro.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

will you be using this technology at the off road 1/10 worlds in Japan?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Maifield and I both ran two LRP 5000mAh/25C LiPo batteries wired in parallel. I unfortunately did not finish due to a motor problem, but Maifield ran strong the entire race. After testing his remaining capacity, he could have run at least 10 minutes more without having to drop his pace - which was nearly the same as with his 5-minute set-up.

The class seemed successful. I imagine that anyone watching was envious of the long race and very little required change in set-ups to be able to compete. Maifield did not practice, ran only a couple of qualifiers, and used his standard race truck to win.

I think this particular class will be one of the biggest next year. And we will always look back at this race as the new beginning of electric racing. Within 5years, al electric off-road classes will use LiPo batteries and feature extended main event lengths.
10,000 mahs of battery....WOW!!!

I know mine and Charlie Perez's MaxAmp 8000's had enough voltage to have gone 30 minutes, but my pace was not even close to Maifield's.

The buzz in the pits was about the 20 minute race all week and more Pro's would have ran the class if more than 1 month's notice had been given about the race!!!

Hat's off to ROAR for looking toward's the future with brushless and li-pos!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

What a great Nationals! Hats off to ROAR and ARCOR for a great event!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Absolutely awesome event...!!!! Thank you to ARCOR for all your help with track maintenance, tech assistance and like Doug said... it was nice knowing the next morning everything was going to be perfect to start a new day.

The concession stand was amazing.... thank you for proving our meals for six days.......

and RMT - Doug, Bob, Jimmy and Joe.... was great seeing you guys and meeting you Joe!

ROAR thanks all who participated and the track crew for insistance on excellence.....

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.