Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
New idea of Suspension system >

New idea of Suspension system

New idea of Suspension system

Old 04-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default New idea of Suspension system

Got something to share that might be of use to you.
why not try the Zaint Suspension System (show on Photo)

Medium springs at the bottom and hard springs at the top (or whatever you like that suites your racetrack). i have a stiff stance at the back and further more.. no more unsprung weight. the hard springs at the top starts to function on jumps. oh yes i it performed well to me and so with you!

So why not try them now all you need is your stock shock absorbers plus an extra spring & two plastic upper spring rest for each shock.
Attached Thumbnails New idea of Suspension system-s3000250.jpg   New idea of Suspension system-s3000251.jpg  

Last edited by Zaint; 04-02-2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Regular

seems like a pretty good idea, ill give er a try and let you know
Old 04-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think it's a great concept. Seems eerily similar to the double-captive recoil system used on modern firearms, albeit taylored to R/C.

Have you conducted any formal side-by-side tests to determine if your new spring combinations result in a noticeable drop in lap times?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

These have a very simular feeling, where they are softer for the rough stuff but a bit more ridgid for the larger bumps.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5373
Great idea, though I am about to try them on my CRT once I do a little mod to the front upper arms to allow the balloning effects without drag on the arms.
-Shookie <><
Old 04-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Damn...what a great idea...good job. I wonder why nobody has ever thought of that before? Oh yeah...

BTW, you need a limiter between the springs to make a two-stage setup...you know, like the Pro-Lines.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

This isn't a new idea. Progressive wound springs have been available for ages, although now most people tend to favour a linear spring.

Also, I have seen the "two springs" system somewhere before, one of the far east manufacturers used to do a set of half-length springs with a plastic adaptor for touring cars.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to know how you got no unsprung weight?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This is simply a case of two springs in series. They equal out to a combined spring rate, however if either spring bottoms out, then the spring rate becomes that of the other spring.

Your car will still have the same unsprung weight.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe

BTW, you need a limiter between the springs to make a two-stage setup...you know, like the Pro-Lines.
Exactly. You also need to run the softer spring as the short (top) spring, when that spring compresses enough to 'bottom out' the limiter then the heavier spring takes over.

BTW. the T-Tech predator comes out with that setup..... factory.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Do you understand what unsprung weight is? Everthing below the end of the shock is unsprung weight ie arms tires wheels ect so there is no change in this with your set up!
Old 04-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

GS Racing makes a complete set of these double springs for the old Storm. I had them on my T-maxx 3 years ago. The springs are yellow, pink or light blue.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm guessing no one remebers the Fox Works motocross shocks. and back in the 70's they were the crap to have. they also were a two spring set up. and it was to help out a shock that had a lack of internal damping and compression. much like the shocks we all race on our r/c cars. so for right now it is a good idea but the rates are backwards. the small spring should be the stiuffer of the two, to absorb the harsh landings and high speed corners. you want a more subtle and forgiving suspension for the first 5/8 to almost 3/4 of the stroke then stiffen up for the ultra hard hits.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I mentioned unsprung weight coz my shocks travel distance is extended to the max. it lifted all the weight at the back of my buggy. no matter how many times you push the back area of my buggy downward it goes back to it's original position.

If that's not the correct term or word for what i had describe you could give me the equal meaning of it.

For those who don't appreciate my idea, if you don't like it don't do it. i have nothing to argue coz it WORKS FOR ME, i like the performance of my car and i'm sticking to it. The application however depends on the terrain you're using and damping strength may vary by the lenght of the added spring. stay cool fellas i'm sure they'll give you a much greater driving experience.

Last edited by Zaint; 04-02-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would think for a radical new suspension system, 2 opposing super strong magnets... it would be cool :d.. i might try it when i build my amazing custom electric buggy thing...
Old 04-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Sounds neat Joe!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.