rc10b4 race spec or factory team??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc10b4 race spec or factory team??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc10b4 race spec or factory team??

im looking to purchase a rc10 b4. i wdont know if i should buy the kit or buy the rtr. what are the differences of both? and which one would accept a mamba max motor and esc the best? and of course a lipo battery. THANKS
Old 04-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

get the kit.. the diff is the kit come's with graphite part's and lot's of other hop-up's...
Old 04-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i would get the regular kit and add everything to it like the ft kit except the graphite parts. the composite stuff seems to help gain traction
Old 04-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

my suggestion is go to the forsale thread and search "rc10b4" and get one, the kits have better parts (shocks, turnbuckles, some other pretty aluminum stuff that also adds functionality) usually a used one off here will be setup well.

i have an rc10t4 that started life as a team edition, added factory team (threaded) shocks, lundsford turnbuckles, trinity motor plate, trinity front pin brace, trinity front bulkhead)

only suggestion is when the outdrives go on whatever you end up with get the
Associated Stealth Differential OD Hubs (Part #6577 and #6578 respectively)
Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would definately get the FT kit as it comes with all of the goodies, plus you get to build a kit so you know how the car works better

If you want, you can buy the composite chassis for an extra $20 or so.

Good luck, you are about to buy the best car in the world!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BUY THE FACTORY TEAM B4 KIT!!!!!! And the composite chassis!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Ask yourself this honestly:

1. Do you hit stuff
2. Restart question 1

Reason is, yes there are alot of upgrades on the Factory Team edition, but if you do hit stuff, graphite will break as it doesn't give like plastic. Last thing you need if you do hit stuff is breakage unless you feel that graphite is necessary for racing, which in all honesty, its not.

The main things you will want from the factory team as far as what I would get would be:

1. Titanium turnbuckles (lunsfords I prefer)
2. Front hingepin brace
3. Lightened diff cups (if running stock or some other spec class, great to have)

Put some weight in the rear, and you should be good to go. You really don't need anything else to race, nothing on the RTR version or Team version of the buggy other than what I listed is a must have in my opinion. Having had the factory Team edition and the regular Team edition, and seeing the RTR go, its a testament to AE's good job making a vehicle in the various forms that you can go out with and win if you driving is up to it.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Cain,

I do agree about the graphite fragility question, but the FT B4 is about $45 more expensive than the team. It comes with titanium turnbuckles and the front hinge pins/brace. Lunsford turnbuckles are about $20 and the hinge pin upgrade is about $10, that's $35 already.

Team shocks are ok but the FT comes with threaded shock bodies which are around $70 to upgrade to, and they are just more adjustable.

That's about $100 already!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
You really don't need anything else to race, nothing on the RTR version or Team version of the buggy other than what I listed is a must have in my opinion.
That is a good point though
Old 04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Its my opinion that the Factory Team Turnbuckles that come with the FT Kit are better than the Lunsford Turnbuckles.

I have witnessed many-o-lundsford-turnbuckle break, but the Associated blue ones only bend.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ft kit has carbon chassis, a arms (used to run those but they break and also get better traction with composite), shock towers, and front top plate... about the only thing i might not switch to composite is the top plate. if you wanted factory team shock bodies get them they are 17-20 for each pair (i dont use them on my truck but do on my buggy as it came with them spacers have never popped out yet) then get the stealth bearings for the diff and the ft turn buckles. you can get bb for the steering too but if you have a good fast servo that change would be minor (i did it and cant tell a difference). i was out of rc from 90-2005 i came back with a b4 and t4 and did/do my fair share of crashing (no joke) only parts i break are a arms (graphite) and steering blocks. pay $50 more for a buggy too put in $45 in composite parts or save $50 bucks then get the ti turn buckles for 22 bucks then order the propper sized bearings from avid for a buck a peice for the steering/inner diff ($6). that leaves you with 60 more dollars to get what ever you want.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by d4man
Its my opinion that the Factory Team Turnbuckles that come with the FT Kit are better than the Lunsford Turnbuckles.

I have witnessed many-o-lundsford-turnbuckle break, but the Associated blue ones only bend.
Agreed. I've been running them since the start and have had some mega crashes. Never even bent one!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mugenlife
if you wanted factory team shock bodies get them they are 17-20 for each pair (i dont use them on my truck but do on my buggy as it came with them spacers have never popped out yet)
All of these people's points are quite valid. Unobtainium shock shafts are much better than stock though for smoothness and durability...

Best tip is buy any car and start driving. You'll love the B4!! and you'll learn as you go, making descisions that serve you best!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Aaaaand, to elaborate just a little more. The obtanuim shafts are being phased out and the new gold shafts are being phased in on all FT kits
Old 04-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If you are just bashing around or club racing, just get the race spec but if you are doing serious racing, then get the ft

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.