I have tried it with another radio and receiver. The results were the same.
A few things I did notice though.
It would work for about 2 minutes without problems, then things would start to happen.
It would all of a sudden stop.
Sometimes when it was turned to the left, sometimes to the right. The servo would also bounce, swing back and forth before it would settle into its neutral position.
Sometimes in neutral, it would not move when I turn the wheel on the transmitter. But if I gave the servo horn a push, it would go.
Also at times when it had stopped woprking. I would push on the servo horn with the transmitter in the neutral position. The servo would not budge, it would start to hum under the load I was applying and hold its position.