Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell vs Trinity vs Sidewinder

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default O'Donnell vs Trinity vs Sidewinder

Hello everyone!

Would like to start a thread with different opininons about different nitro brands?

Which brand is recommended for best performance, and for high quality engines?

What is the major difference between these brands?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

I have been running the Trinity 30% race blend with luck but have also been curious about Sidewinder, Nitrotane among others for this year.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have run sidewinder for 3 or 4 years now and have never had a problem. motors ran great and always lasted for a really long time some times upwards of 10 gallons(keep in mind we race year round here in florida) recently switched to werks fuel and motors and seem to get more run time out of my current motors with the different fuel and they run just as if not stronger but nonetheless sidewinder is awesome and so is werks stuff
Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Ive been running O'Donnell 30% but have heard that is not the same as it use to be and other fuels give more running time, same or better performance, and longer engine life!!

Just curious about sidewinder and trinity
Which are Mark Pavidas and Adam Drake's choice.

Is werks same as sidewinder?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Which is better for O.S and RB engines???
Old 04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rms_towing

Is werks same as sidewinder?
No, Werks is TOTALLY different than sdiewinder, Werks is more similar to Odonnell than sidewinder, from what I have seen. I have used Odonnell for over 12 gallons, and I might switch to Nitrotane as soon as my LHS gets it in 30%,(I run the Nitrotane 20% in my gas truck)
Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rms_towing
Which is better for O.S and RB engines???
I have a JP Modified V-spec and I'm on gallon #11 right now(ODonnell 30%). Never had tuning issues, and my temps are always good.

I ran Trinity in a Sirio .23 when I raced a REVO. Worked really good with that motor. I used the Platinum 30% with turbo plugs.

I hear good things about Sidewinder, but I haven't tried it yet. Thinking about running the Worlds Blend 30% in the next motor I get.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

It's hard to say which fuel is better, because you have to consider how you tune your engine, (Racing or Bashing) what type of plug you use, (Super Hot, Hot, Medium, Cold). If you live near a track, just go see what's being used and ask the racers what they think about the fuel they run.

Just remember, some racers buy fuel based on price, even if it's not the best for thier engine.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default yup

You are right! All the fuels are good they just tune differant. I have run Blue Thunder for many years and I love it.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default what i use

i use the trinity 20% purle stuff.. when i race a nice long 1/10th main i feel better with a tad bit more lube so i dont have to worry about running too hot... adam drake used 30% platnum trinity fuels...i have used the trinity stuff since they came out and never had any problems with it... if i bring my basher out mx riding i will use the monster brew for the thick sand we ride in .. good ole t maxx 2.5 3 gallons and running strong.. best stuff for bashing becouse i dont really care about my t maxx.. ran hard put away dirty and wet .. no probles to date...
Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just switched from Trinity to Sidewinder in my Novas and seems to be good. I'm getting ready to dissasemble a motor now to take a look inside. Sidewinder is a Morgan fuel product for those who know of Morgan, they are a good company that produce quality stuff. I've talked to a lot of racers that have ran just about everything and they all run Sidewinder or Odonnel. The new Nitrotane is tempting being it is formulated by VP Race fuels. But I just switched so I'm going to stick with the Sidewinder...
Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

WillyWalt above talked me into running sidewinder this year too. Odonell has always been my favorite but to hard to get around here. Sidewinder sounds good to me. Fuel is fuel, tune it and run it.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run 20% Odonnels in my NT it seems to do very well ! Its a bit pungent but it cools the engine great
It does smoke less though!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I did like I said and tore down a motor I've been running Sidewinder in. After about 1/2 gallon all I can say is wow, and try it for yourselves. No rust, tarnish, nothing. They recommend not to use afterrun oil either when you run the Sidewinder, so I never have with it. This stuff is lots better than the Trinity I think, I'm gonna keep using it for sure after seeing this...
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I use Sidewinder and have had ZERO issues with it. I have used it in every engine I have owned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.