Search

Mugen MBX5

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

to be honest i dont know what the p5 runs like does it favor the top or bottom

if i dont race this weekend i may put it on and break it in

i currently use the 053 pipe but i have a 086 thats in so so condition

by the way i have the new p5 with the purple head supposed to be 2.6hp and 31k rpm vs the blue head was 2.1hp and 29k rpm

i was thinking the p5 would be a bottom end engine so i would want a pipe that was good for medium to high rpm right?
Old 04-30-2003, 01:51 PM

Do any of you guys know where I can find a new Mugen MBX-4XR??? Changed my mind once again............just can't spend that much on the K2!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jason102276
what does the rdlogic pipe give you better top or bottom?

i dont need a whole lot of top end at all the track i race on doesnt give us much room to go fast on

i am very interested in the rdlogic pipe becuase of its price and the fact ive used their onroad pipes for a while with great results
It gives out DECENT bottom and top....compared to the 086 which gives you a lot of bottom and top......one problem with RDLogics is material...it dents easily. The 086 or 9886 black pipe..those things are really tough. Invest in a pipe that works and durable.....like the black and hard coated ones......you can save more money buying those. Don't buy pipes just because they're cheap.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The P5 is an on-road engine (S1 stamped on the crankcase), ported to suit off-road. Being an on-road engine, it is a long stoke. Therefore, the torque curve is more gradual (less bottom end). If it were a short stroke, it would have more bottom end. But, the top end in both short stroke and long stroke is similar. The only difference is how they get there.
I have a CLB long stroke Nova Rossi, which I modified after testing by Nova Rossi and European driver Daniel Vega showed more power and better fuel economy by 1. changing to a larger (on-road) head and turbo button; 2. 25% nitro, 9% oil, 66% methanol & also using the 9886 on-road pipe. These long stroke engines are suited to tracks with less grip as the power comes on more gradually then the short strokes that give you instant power & torque.
The P5 is essentially the CLB modified as above, just reconfigured and sold by Nova Rossi. I know this as I also have a P5. So, if you want more bottom end buy a short stroke eg. SBK and run a 9853 Nova Rossi pipe (good in high grip situations), for slippery tracks run the P5 with 9886 pipe. Give it a go. Let me know. It works Down Under.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

my local track is blue groove as long as its dry either way wet or dry it has great traction just alot of bumps and jumps tight turns etc i need torque

so should i run the 053 pipe with it

or a 086 with a waller adapter
Old 05-02-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

I would try the 053. It should give you more torque, but the 086 may be easier to drive. Try them both in different heats to see which one suits your track and driving style.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Straight from the AUSSI Mugen importer the MBX-5 will leave Japanese shores on the 20th May so we expect it here in Australia early June.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

do you have any idea about when it could be available here in USA?
Old 05-13-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

NO idea about the USA, I only know their leaving Japan on 20th May. They might get here on the 22nd and sit in customs for a day/month. So who knows when we'll actually see one. By the way, how did the pipes and P5 testing go?
Old 05-13-2003, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

i havent been able to test yet the waller adapter should get here today and the servos i need to put my buggy back together should arrive sometime this week

mothers day was sunday so there was no racing last weekend i hope to be able to go this weekend but that isnt 100% either