Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnell vs Trinity vs Sidewinder

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sidewinder hands down, if you open your motor up after a gallon it will be spotless inside. Just wish they would start making white lightning again, best fuel I ever ran.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've ran sidewinder the last 2years about 20gallons and have no issues. I have had some tarnishing and corrosion issues when i used to use odonell. Engine look nice and clean with sidewinder they do have a slight redish tint from the oil but no bother.
Im on to byrons this year.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

i loved bryon fuel . i went from trinity to the byron and never looked back i haD TO LEAN IT OUT ABOUT A FULL TURN AND STILL RUNNING COOL THE STUFF BURNS NICE A CLEAN TOO. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCKS. THE ONLY PROBLEM WITH BYRON ITS HARD TO GET AROUND HERE BECAUSE YOU HAVETO GET IT STAIGHT FROM BYRON.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I tried all of them except sidewinder. Im currently running tq fuels. Im only on my first gallon but this stuff is awesome so far. My car hasnt once flamed out since I have been running this stuff and has been making great power and low engine temps.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You can't go wrong with Sidewinder. Worlds 30% and Pro 20% is all I use now. Your engine will run cooler due to the oil mix, allowing you to tune your engine slightly leaner than normal. This equates to LONGER RUN TIMES!

I used to run O'Donnell and it was a very good fuel too. However, even though I was always very good about using after run oil, my motors would still start showing rust inside after 4 or 5 gallons. Not only that, but nothing burns your eyes and lungs more than O'Donnell.

The coolest thing about Sidewinder is that you don't need after run oil to keep your motor protected. Just run the fuel out and throw it on the shelf and your motor will last forever.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone run Top Fuel?? I'm kinda new to nitro and just got was manufacture wanted... I've been wondering myself what type of fuel to run.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

i like BYRON the best.. but top fuel is really good also... oh yea TQ FUEL is also good...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Ran 11 gallons of O'Donnell, and always had good performance from using it. I just switched to Sidewinder WB 30%. Burned 6 tanks of it Saturday. I leaned my needles slightly, and still get plenty of exaust smoke. My temps were still under control and no lean-boggin'. Looks like a winner to me.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

BTW, skipping the after-run oil because you don't need it. After more than 30 gallons of R/C fuel in Buggys, Truggys, and MT's, and using after-run oil after every day of running, it felt good to just turn off my buggy and load up all my gear. Emptied the tank, burned off the rest inside the motor, DONE!!! Can't beat that.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I put 12 gallons of O'Donnell 30% through my V-Spec and switched to sidewinder 30% and honestly didn't notice that much of a difference. I didn't even have to change my needle settings. The fumes seemed alot worse than O'Donnell though.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anyone know if when you run the NitroTane if you need after run oil?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by associatedguy
I put 12 gallons of O'Donnell 30% through my V-Spec and switched to sidewinder 30% and honestly didn't notice that much of a difference. I didn't even have to change my needle settings. The fumes seemed alot worse than O'Donnell though.
I run a JP-Mod Vspec and that's what my 11 gallons of O'Donnell went through I didn't need to switch to Sidewinder, because my motor always ran good with O'D. I didn't have to change my needles either, but it was posted earlier that it's a benefit of using Sidewinder. If you can lean your needles a bit for more power and run-time, and keep your temps under control, why not try it, if the fuel you run allows you to. This is my first gallon of SW, but after 6 tanks at the track this past Saturday, I noticed a big difference because I leaned my needles slightly

You say you didn't notice a difference in how your Vspec runs..Well that's not a surprise since you say you didn't adjust your carb to try and get better performance. One of the points made about Sidewinder in the other post, was that you can tune your engine for longer run-time, because of better protection in the fuel. Since you're using Sidewinder now, and if you race, you might as well try an adjustment and see how it works out for you.

BTW..Let your pitman deal with the fumes

Last edited by 8ightScale/CJP; 04-09-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: fyi