Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Help

I just recieved the lundsford titanium turnbuckles from tower and i also oredered the "RPM Super Duty Rod Ends Lunsford" obviously made for lundesford turnbuckles. right????

well not exactly when I opened the packages and discovered that the tunbuckle slides in and out of the ball cup FREELY.

i have no clue what to do and frankly dont really feel like telling my parents that I screwed up buying another part for my NMT.

what do i do?... any ideas would be great.

BTW I would consider telling my parents that i screwed up if I didn't have to pay for new ones.
Old 04-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think that you ordered the ball cups from RPM that are for the Lunsford Super Duty turnbuckles. The Super Duty turn buckles I think are a larger diameter than the standard Lunsford turnbuckles so the Super Duty ball cups would have to be larger to fit properly. You didn't specify which turn buckles that you ordered. What car were they for? Did they say Super Duty on them? I have some Lunsford titanium turnbuckles for my TC3 and I just use the normal RPM ball cups. They fit perfectly. So all you have to do is return the product you dont want to Tower and buy the right ball cups.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

thanks I'll look into it