Wiki Posts
Search

help with revo hollow balls

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default help with revo hollow balls

Hello all,
We bought a parted out revo 3.3 off ebay and I have it almost 100% together. The last part I have to figure is on the hollow balls. I see that there are three parts...

TRA5355X TRA5355 and TRA5347

I have the aluminum rods and they came with rod ends. But no balls.

I'm very confused as to what I need. When I look at those three part numbers I see different sizes. I understand the tall cenetered and tall offset. Then I see that there are small ones, and I would think you need to use shims above and below them. But I can't find anything showing this, and only 4 shims seem to come with 5355 and 5347.

So my question is, if you have a revo with absolutely no balls (lol) what do you need to buy. Is TRA5355X going to include everything I need to setup the truck? Or do I need spacers also?

I don't have another revo to look at so it makes it hard to do from the traxxas blow up diagrams. Can some one post pics of both ends of they rods installed on the truck, so I can see how these balls are installed and shimmed.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The rod ends have a piece that looks like an hourglass insert and the end. There is no ball ends on the revo. A button head screw is used and thats it. You can get a PDF file of the revo on Traxxas's site, This will show you the whole break down in parts.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=147&id=498

Not sure what rod ends your talking about either; steering,caster or shock push rods? Hope you can find your answers on theyre site. Odds are all you need are a few screws. Welcome to the Wonderfull world of the REVO. GL and hope this helps you out in some fashion
Old 03-27-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular